Confession pt.3 (Benji)

3rd person POV:

Getting back to the swing of things was relatively easy, dispite the trauma that came from each mission you went on. But aside from the occational nightmare, you were fine. Not only were you a field agent, you were also one of the best tech experts at IMF Headquarters, which is something that you take pride in. You were never super popular in school, but all of that didn't matter anymore.
You were currently working on an advancement in technology that would make it easier to get passed any firewall that you or any agent needed to get through. You were so caught up in your work, that you didn't notice that someone had stolen you're coffee cup. Furrowing your eyebrows, you turned around, only to be startled by Benji. He laughed but handed over a refilled coffee mug, taking the old one and dumping it out and throwing it out.
"Thanks, Benji. You're lucky that I like you, because if it were anyone else, they probably would have gotten a punch to the stomach." You stated. He chuckled and pulled up a chair next to you.
"Good to know. I hope that it's not too hot. I took the l liberty of not only getting you coffee with two creams, three sugars and light foam, but I also got some takeout. Your favorite."
He revealed a brown paper bag with the overwhelming smell of Thai spices coming through. You raised your eyebrows and took the bag from him.
"What's the occasion? And thank you very much." You asked as you grabbed the chopsticks, digging into the Pad Thai.
He sighed and looked you in the eye. He grabbed the chopsticks and placed them down. He grasped your hand and told you,
"I need to talk to you about something serious. I'm having trouble with telling the person I like that I have feelings for them. And I know that you are the only one who can help me."
You didn't know what to say. You were upset that he didn't reciprocate the same feelings. You bit your lip and looked at him.
"Just be honest with her and tell them that you want to take them out. If they make you happy, go for it." You told him honestly. Even though you were upset, you wanted him to be happy. He smiled and kissed your knuckles and responded,
"Okay, I will. (Y/n), I can't help but fall for you. I've wanted to tell you how I feel, but I just couldn't find the courage. But I was wondering if we could go out sometime? I think that we could make eachother happy. Will you go out with me?"
He asked you, hope lingering in his gaze. You smiled and nodded. You both broke out into nervous laughter and looked onto eachother's eyes. You squeezed his hand once more and picked up your chopsticks again. You offered some to him and he gladly accepted. Because who doesn't like Thai food?
He was there with you for the rest of the day, helping you with the advancement you were trying to make. You were still the sole creator of the tech but you were going to give credit to him for sure.