Imagine #2

Imagine visiting August in Prison.

A/N: I'm aware that the prison system doesn't work this way, but for the sake of the imagine, he's able to see loved ones.

     At first you didn't believe that August had become a criminal. It didn't seem possible, but you were biased due to the fact that you were engaged to him. That changed when you saw him come into the visiting room. His tree-like form was clothed in an orange jumpsuit, handcuffs around his wrists. His hair had grown since the last time you saw him, making him look more rugged and rough around the edges. If it were even possible, he became more handsome in the time you'd been separated. But you couldn't think about that when you were staring at your fiancé in handcuffs and a bright orange suit.

 But you couldn't think about that when you were staring at your fiancé in handcuffs and a bright orange suit

     He sat down, had his handcuffs removed, and opened his palms. You placed your hands into his and he lifted them to his lips, kissing each finger. You knew you didn't have a lot of time, and there was only one question you wanted an answer to. "Why did you do it, baby?" You asked him, grabbing his hand and intertwining your hands. You looked him in the eyes, and kissed his knuckles.
"I thought I was doing the right thing. That if I set a chain of events in motion, that things would get better, and the world would be at peace." He looks away from you, a look of shame evident on his face. To him, you were the most important person in his life, and for you to see him like this, killed him. In your relationship, there had only been a couple of times where he'd been open and vulnerable with his feelings, amd this was definitely one of those moments.

"Look at me." You demanded. Hesitantly, August lifts his tearful gaze to you and waits for you to speak.
"I won't lie to you. I'm disappointed and frustrated that you thought that this would bring peace." He nods. He goes to retract his hand, when you grip his hand tighter,  bringing his attention back to you. "But when you proposed, I told you that come what may, I'd stand by you, always. Do you remember that night?" You asked. He nodded, and with a small smile, he replied, "That's still the best day of my life." He kissed the ring on your finger. "While it'll take some time for me to forgive you, just know that I love you with all my heart, and i will never stop loving you." You kissed his knuckles again, sealing your promise. A couple of tears fell down his cheeks, which you wiped away. Leaning your forehead against his, you gently placed your palms on his bearded face. August grabbed your wrists and closed his eyes, savoring this moment, as if this would be the last time he'd ever hold you like this.

     The moment didn't last long because the gaurd came back into the room, and told you that the time was up. With much hesitation, you parted. You gently kissed him goodbye, before you both stood up. Before you walked out the door, you looked at each other, silently promising to always love eachother and that you'd see eachother soon.