Imagine #4

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Imagine finding out that August is a double agent...

《A/N: I know that this isn't how this scene went, but I like Walker too much to kill him off. Also, I want to give another huge thank you to TheAnimePikadragon for the support on this piece.》

Ethan had called you in for a mission out of the blue. He said that he'd explain what's going on when you landed in London. When he picked you up, you learned that a CIA agent had been working with the IMF for the last few days, and that they had apprehended Solomon Lane.

He pulled the car over and told you that he had information about the agent that was vital to the mission. However before he gave you the file, he hesitantly spoke."I want you to understand that I'm not showing you this file out of spite, or to hurt you. I need you to know that whatever is in this file, is legitimate." Confused, you looked at him."What could possibly be in there that could hurt me?" He looked at the file on his hand and looked you in the eyes.
"You know that the IMF keeps tabs on their agents, right?" With the nod of your head, he continued."We know about your relationship with August Walker. Before you worry, you're not in any troube for that, nor are you responsible for his actions." Sitting down in the passenger seat, you continued to look at Ethan, that is until he handed you the file.

While you read it, Ethan let you take your time to process the information. After a few minutes, he looked over and saw that you were staring at his picture, trying your hardest to hold back tears. "I'm so sorry that you had to find out this way. But, you had a right to know who you were going up against, and who your partner is." Closing the file, you placed it on the dashboard and looked straight ahead, still in shock about what you just read.

"I mean I could lie to you and say that I'm fine. But if I'm being honest Ethan, I'm pissed. August and I were happy, blissfully ignorant to the rest of the world. I guess that was just a lie to keep me in the dark about what he was doing." Wiping the tears that had fallen down your cheeks, you continued. "There's a small part of me that doesn't want to believe it, but I know that you wouldn't lie to me about something this important. I'm just disappointed in myself for being so naive to not what was right in front of me."

"You couldn't have-" you looked him in the eyes and cut him off.
"Yes I could have. That's my job. It's what I'm good at." You stayed silent for a few seconds before he spoke again.
"We have a plan to get him to reveal the truth and bring him to justice. But he may resist and fight back. I need your permission to incapacitate him if it comes to violence." Without looking at him, you replied,
"Trust me Ethan, if he lays a finger on any of you, I'll kill him myself."

***Time Skip***

You, Luther and Ethan were waiting in a separate room, waiting for August to take the bait. A few minutes later, the steel doors open, revealing Walker with his hands up, Benji and the Secretary follwing him, guns pointed at his back. He looked at all of us, his eyes locked on me.
"Y/n? What are you doing here?" He asked, confusion written on his face.
"You're not the only one with secrets, August." You told him, no sign of kindness behind your voice.
"So this whole time, you've been an IMF agent, and you didn't tell me?" He inquired. You rolled your eyes.
"Don't lecture me about working for something else, when you work for this psychopathic terrorist. While you and Lane were planning on nuking the world, I was here making sure that didn't happen." You walked closer to him. You put the barrel of your gun to his chest.
"So unless you want a bullet through your chest, I highly suggest you let us turn both of you in." He smirked, amused at your attempt to be serious.
"We both know that won't happen. You love-" He was cut off by you punching him hard in the stomach, knocking him to his knees. He angrily looked up, only to see your gun pointed at his head, silencing all of his thoughts and the things he wanted to say.
"You want to test that theory?" You emphasized your point by cocking the hammer, letting him know you meant business. He growled under his breath, but accepted his fate.

***Time Skip***

While Lane was taken to London to await trial, August was arrested and taken into the CIA's custody. Right now, he was being interrogated by Erica Sloane, head of the agency, and his former boss.
"You realize that unless you tell us what you know about the plutonium, you're heading down a path, that only leads to-" She was cut off by the door opening. You walked into the room, confusing both Sloane and Walker. "Agent, what are you doing here? This is a classified-" she began, but was for the second time, cut off."Let me have a few minutes with him. I'll get you what you need to know."

While she was angry that you had interrupted her questioning, she trusted you and allowed you to be alone with him. The door closed and it was just you and August.

"You think that because you're interrogating me, that I'll just spill my guts to you? You'll be wasting your time." He stated. On the outside, he's a cold, stone-faced criminal. On the inside, he can't help but think that you look beautiful, even if he knew you were only here to get information out of him.
"No. I know that you'll tell me because I'm your only way out of this. Depending on what it isyou tell me and how accurate it is, I can get you a fair trial and guarantee that you walk away, with your dignity intact." You took a minute or two to let that information sink in before beginning your questioning.
"

Who are the apostles and what is the purpose of that organization?" With much hesitation he told you who they were and what the goals of the organization were.

After an hour, the door to the interrogation room opened, and Erica came marching in.
"Have you gotten anything?" You handed her the notes you had been taking and looked back at August. Erica seemed satisfied with what you got and left the room.
"Why are you helping me? You could have shot me earlier. You could have let Erica indict me and take me straight to prison. Why?" There was a simple, yet complicated answer to this.
"Because there's a part of me, that for some unknown reason, still cares for and loves you. You may have forgotten that I was with you for 3 years, and in that time, we shared a lot of experiences and memories together. When Ethan told me that you were a rouge agent, I thought he was lying. My judgement was skewed because of how in love I was with you."

August's face was unreadable. There seemed to be a sense of surprise, confusion and a little bit of regret?
"My only question is, during all of this planning, did you think of what would happen to me?"
He reached across the table and held his hand open.
"Give me your hand." Hesitantly, you put your hand in his, and waited for him to talk."Of course I thought if what would happen to you. I made sure that you wouldn't get caught in the crossfire. If you thought I would ever let anything happen to you, you're insane. Dispite how I feel about everything else going on, I always cared about you. I do still love you, but I know that what I've done has consequences. One of them being losing you." You nodded in understanding.
"I just wish that you had been honest with me from the start. I wish you had told me about what was going on with you. I don't know if this is something I can forgive. I love you, but I can't..." You choked up, trying to hold back tears. Even though August was heartbroken, he didn't want you to feel any huilt about what was happening.
"I understand. I didn't expect you to after everything."

You pulled you hand away and stood up. Before you left you had to do one last thing. Walking around the table, you leaned down to August and gave him one last kiss on the lips. You pulled back after a few moments, and looked him in the eyes one more time.
"Goodbye, August." With that, tou walked out of the room.