Imagine #3

Imagine Ethan Comforting You

Requested by: juviaheartattack1

Pairing: Ethan x Reader (Platonic)

     You were the last person to walk through the door, a solemn look on your face. Your mind was reeling with all of the details of your latest mission. Missions were never easy, but you genuinely thought you wouldn't make it out. As you closed the door, you leaned your body against the woodetn frame and closed your eyes, trying to calm yourself down.
"Y/n?" You heard your mentor's voice call. You opened your eyes to see him looking at you, concern in his eyes.
"Are you alright?" Damn that question. It's the one question that make people want to spill their guts.
You put a fake smile on your face and nodded. Ethan walked closer to you and placed a Comfortings hand on your arm.
"Are you sure? This mission was really difficult. I want to make sure everyone is okay." While you appreciated his concern, the only thing you wanted to do was get some grub and get some sleep.
"I'm fine, Ethan. Just a little tired. I think I'm gonna go get some dinner and then get to bed." You knew that he didn't buy a word of what you said, but he let you pass him to get settled in.

***Time Skip***

     It was in the middle of the night, when you felt yourself tossing and turning. Your breathing increased, and your body broke out in a cold sweat. You don't know how long you were like this, but you were being shaken awake by someone."Y/n, wake up." Ethan gently told you, trying to coax you into consciousness.
     You jolted awake, trying to calm your hyperventilating lungs and your mind. A hand fell onto your shoulder, and your automatic instinct was to attack. Your blows were stopped by whoever was next to you. You looked up at your assailant, only to see Ethan.
"Hey, it's alright. It's just a dream. You're safe and things are fine."
     You felt the bed dip where he sat next to you. In the 7 years you'd known Ethan, you had only shown vulnerability a few times. You didn't want to seem weak in front of your mentor, thinking that you were inadequate for feeling this way. He ran a comforting hand up and down your back, assuring you that you were safe.
"You don't have to tell me what's going on right now, but just know that I'll be here when you're ready." You nodded, acknowledging that you heard what he had said. You weren't capable of talking about it right now, so you told him that you'd tell him in the morning. He accepted that and went to go back to his room, when you grabbed his wrist.
"Would you mind staying here tonight? I don't think I'm going to get much sleep if I'm on my own." With a kind smile, he went over to the other side of the bed and got comfortable. You slipped into his warm embrace and tried to get back to sleep.
"When I was a new agent, Luther used to stay with me whenever I had nightmares. You're not alone in this and I'll always be here to support you." You nodded, starting to feel your eyes get heavy. After a few more minutes, you fell asleep, Ethan following soon after.