Taken.

Prologue

I lie on the cold stone floor, my face in my hands, tears running down my face. I can hear them whispering about me, how weak I appear to be. I try to block out their voices, I don't want to hear them. They can't be real, I don't belong here and yet I can't escape, I can't even find a reason to hope I will escape. I lift my head up and find them all staring at me, like I'm a creature contained in the zoo. I walk up to the glass where the television on the wall asks me for the password. I stare up at it, not replying. The automatic voice that speaks for it is fake, everything here is fake. It is not a cinema and it never was, its a trap for people like me to walk inside but to never walk out of.

I slap my fist against the clear glass and yell out in frustration. I call for my friends but they have long left, ever since the police told them it was a hopeless cause. They promised they would come back, they said through the glass that they wouldn't abandon me. More tears roll down my face and I try to wipe them away, still they stare at me. The people who have been here long before me, the man wearing Victorian clothes.... How long has he been inside this hell?

The one word they keep repeating is weak, I turn around and stare at them all, straight into their eyes and souls, wishing they would disappear. I collapse in a bundle at the glass door and the stupid voice from the television tells me to kindly move for others to take their turn.

A young girl who looks only a year older than me, reaches out her hand, I take it and follow. How long has she been here? She sits me down at a table and passes me a tissue, I wipe my face and close my eyes. Hoping that when they open again, it'll have just been a nightmare. But when they open everything is the same, the foyer is silent, no one says a word. The only sound that can be heard is my crying, my sobs echoing throughout the enormous room.

The images become blurry, as I stopped wiping away my tears, knowing crying won't get me out of here. I hate it... I want to go home. But I follow the girl over to a table and all there i can hear are my thoughts, the panic that's rising inside me with every beat of my heart. That's when I hear people sniggering.

"Ignore it, its they're idea of entertainment."

I start to sob again, I can't believe people would be so cruel as to think this was funny. That's when he appears, a man in a pair of jeans, an adidas top and no shoes or socks on his feet. The girl whispers into my ear, "Marcus." I stare at him.  

He looks around to where I sit, and walks towards me....