Chapter 22

Chapter 22

I don't want to spend time, dwelling on Jamie. He can have that bitch, he was snogging outside Paula's school, in my opinion she's welcome to him, her funeral.

I'm dreading court, because no doubt I will have to carry on, with my questioning.

I deleted Jamie's number from my phone, deleted his email address, all his texts that were full of lives, and every photograph of him. He can't get out of my life, he just has to complicate things even more.

During the night, I hardly sleep. I sit around on my tablet playing apps, and getting frustrated when I don't pass a level. It takes my mind of things for a while. Makes me remember what life was like, before all of this happened. When, I was at school, cameras weren't in my face, going put at the weekends.

Now, I'm spending my days in court, falling behind on a schoolwork, and being bored out of my brain.

Unable to sleep, I make a start on some French. So far, my class teacher has given me nothing to work on. So, I review on what I can, get new verbs off the internet and revise them. It's better than nothing.

That's when my phone vibrates. I pick it up, and again it is an unknown number.

" Have fun studying."

I sit still, scared to move, I eventually move and pull the curtains over my windows. I close the door, and wrap the blanket round myself. Everyone in the house is sleeping, and there is no way in. How did he know I was studying?

How did he contact me again? I blocked his number, but when I go onto my list of blocked numbers, I can see he has used a different phone. I'm taking my phone into court tomorrow, to show this. He's not aloud any contact with me.

I definitely cannot sleep now. Its scaring me, and there's no way, I could relax myself enough to sleep. I can't concentrate anymore on my French, and open the night, sitting bolt upright in my bed, scared to lie down, in case I hear a noise.

In the early hours of the morning, I hear the birds, and one cuts off midsong. Then, I hear a crack against the window. Thinking the bird has crashed into the window ( it wouldn't be the first time ) I move the curtains to look. Big mistake.

There standing on the roof, of my house, outside my bedroom window, is Marcus. I scream at the top of my lungs, and I hear my family get up. But, I also hear the window shattering, and feel the glass piercing my skin. He's smashed the bloody window! My bedroom door, fly's open and my Dad enters. By now Marcus, has my hands grabbing them, cutting off the blood flow, they become numb and I can't move them.

" Don't move."

Marcus's voice, is tense and unnerving. Why, he says this to my Dad puzzles me. He has nothing to threaten either of us with.

" Idiot."

I matter, and I swing my head back, hitting him square on. He let's go of my hands, and instead of running to my Dad, I get to the bookshelf. My enormous science book sits there, heavy and a hardback, over 900 pages. I run over to Marcus, despite my Dad's warning, and swing the book up. Bringing it down, and hitting him right over the head. Knocking him out.

He lies on the floor, unconscious but still breathing. Only, then do I really feel the pain. The glass has slit my arms, and my feet, while moving around the room. My eyes start to water, and the stinging is unbearable. The last thing, I remember seeing, is my Mum leaning over me.

I wake up, with my eyes tired, and my hair tied back. I'm wearing a plain, white robe, that goes just under my knee, in a pale room, with flowers on a drawer next to my bed. I move around, and when I left my arm, I can see a red line, where stitches have been. I swing my leg up, and my feet look the same.

Its sore to touch them, so I don't. But, when I try to step out of bed, I instantly fall back in. The pain on my feet, is horrendous. It stings like before, but worse as all the weight of my body is on my feet. A nurse heard me cry out, and she tells me to sit still.

" The glass in your feet, was taken out. You were operated on, and they stitched you back up. Your feet were considerably worse, than your arms."

I nod, thinking back to last night, I would've been walking all over glass in my bare feet. How I didn't feel the pain till, after was a complete miracle.

" And, him?"

I ask, meaning Marcus.

" Well.... From what your Dad told me, you stunned him by swinging your head back hitting him. Then, you picked up a book, and hit him over the head knocking him out."

I nod, listening to every word she says.

" He is Ok, but he was out for a good hour or so. His injuries were nothing to yours, but what you did, stopped worse from happening."

" Why, did he break in without a weapon? That makes nos sense, he didn't have a knife or anything."

The nurse looks puzzled, and nods.

" That is weird. He's not talking to anyone, and you won't be back at court until next week, as you need rest. Although, that doesn't get you out of this...."

She places textbooks and worksheets next to my bed. Schoolwork. For goodness sake, I'm awake ten minutes and I have to study!