Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Is this possible? I thought your wounds never aged? How could this happen? I know Eliza will have those cuts on her hand until she leaves this place on my so called "wedding day." But... I just killed Madame Ariane.

The knife is still embedded in her tummy.

"Get Hershel! He'll know what to do!" Eliza tells me, I nod my head and run off in search of him.

I'm out of breath and I can't think straight... I find Hershel just leaving the cafe.

"You have to come!"

He asks me to explain but I can't because I'm holding back the tears, I'm struggling for my words to even make sense now and he runs behind me, when we come back to the library Eliza is crying over Madame Ariane's body and Hershel looks directly at me.

"Explain!" He yells it but I can't answer. Eliza explains how she attacked her, saying that she helped me steal her chance at Marcus. How Eliza struggled until I came and pushed her off  and how her life was cut short by the knife in her stomach.

I'm still crying, I knew she hated me but I didn't wish death upon her. I can't even look at her limp, lifeless body....

Hershel carries her upstairs to her room, leaves her in the bathroom and makes it look like suicide. The knife still embedded in her tummy, he leaves the door unlocked behind him.

" Don't tell anyone. Make it look like suicide. She was being a right bitch anyway, just don't say you were there."

I nod, wiping more tears away from my eyes. Someone will find her, and when they do will they come to me?

Great.... I was now going home with a fake husband and a murderer. I could get done for manslaughter, somehow i don't think Jamie would appreciate that, especially after inviting him to my damned wedding.

The tears won't stop, and Eliza takes me to the shower rooms. I get myself cleaned up , my hair washed and I get changed into my pajamas. Its nowhere near bedtime but my clothes were covered in blood, I have a clean outfit that I need for tomorrow, so I'll just have to wear my pjs.

When I leave the shower rooms Eliza is waiting outside and a crowd of people are at the cafe. I ask what the commotion is about, and Eliza gives me a knowing look. They've found her already? Its only been half an hour!

What if they saw us leaving her room....

Marcus has a microphone in his hand and he speaks

" Rumors are true. Madam Ariane was found dead in her bathroom just over ten minutes ago. A funeral shall be given in the roof garden. And she shall be cremated and disposed of there. As for the reason of death, we suspect suicide. That is all it can be."

He stops talking and hands the microphone to chef and walks back to his apartment, I try to catch his eye but he doesn't see me. Or he does see me but is ignoring me.

I hear his door slam. I wince at the noise and the crowd begins to chat, although after ten minutes the chattering has died down and everyone goes, Eliza and I go to the cafe to order dinner. I get steak pie while Eliza just wants a salad.

I eat it all and I notice Hershel come to the cafe with Angus and they both get beers. I reckon Hershel deserves one.

Children are getting lead away to their cinema rooms, to bed. While others once again sleep on the floor, with only a blanket to keep them warm.

I watch the old woman who earlier was talking about a dog, go to her cinema room with her daughter. They share a cinema room with another old man and what seems to be his three grandchildren. Two boys and one girl, I've seen them around. He reads the papers and reads books to the children. While, the children tend to scream at the scary parts and pretend to be upset at the sad parts, its cute really.

They don't look like they've been here much longer than me, maybe only a few years.

They vanish from my view and I say to Eliza....

" This place is sick. Really? What is the fucking point of this? They don't gain anything? So why are we all here? Most of the people in here should be dead!"

Eliza looks slightly hurt,

" I don't know!"

I want to scream at her that this is a rhetorical question, we just sit and finish our dinner in silence. We head back to cinema room five that night and chat for abit, she goes to sleep first and I'm up for hours again thinking of home, friends, school and Jamie.