Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Flora and Owen's family came to collect them, that night.

Reporters now barred my privacy, standing taking photographs every time I left the house, desperate to know more of my story.

And, how I would react when, they told me the court case, had been moved up to next week.

They, never got much if a reaction. A shrug, and an,

" I'll be there."

Message, which they didn't ask any more questions after.

Life was pretty much the same till the reporters arrived, really makes me think twice about being a journalist. How they just love to get into your private life and discover what they think are juicy little prices of information about you, they really need to get a grip.

Going back to school was the same, but the reaction I got was different. I walked into my tutor class, and Mrs Aitken came running up to me, and swamped me in a great hug. Elle and Rhianne did the same, and Robyn looked like she was nearly in tears, I started to laugh, and she crossed her arms and said,

" Yeah, laugh. Cos I fucking love you!"

And, gave me a hug just like the others, every teacher said hi, and gave me a hug... Which somehow just creeped me out. Friends and not friends would run up and give me hugs, Mick a boy I can't stand decided he was going to follow me about all day, even though before I was taken, I meant less than muck to him.

He offered to hold my bag, and that was the last straw for me, he couldn't just expect me to go all goey eyed for him now,

" Seriously! Just fuck off!"

He looked taken aback, and for a few seconds, I wanted to take the word back. But, I know if I had the choice I wouldn't, he never cared about me before I was taken, and he's only being nice to me now because he wants something, it doesn't work like that.

Some girls, Nicole and Emma, who hated me down to the core, also saw this as their chance. I told them I wasnt interested, I was happy with my friends, and like Mick, they looked taken a back and I walked off with Robyn, a minute later, back to the table Samantha, Abigael, Sophie and Emma were sitting at.

My first thoughts, the morning I was told about the court, I wasnt so bothered, I had homework and other things to do. That night, my mind went back to the cinema, I could remember every detail. The smell of the cooking, the comfy cinema chairs in cinema room five.

And Marcus....

The ring is still on my bookshelf, I can't bring myself to keep it or throw it away, or sell it.

Jamie and I, have never been better, which is one good thing. We see each other at school, and he comes over to my house afterwards. I claim to my parents, that we're doing homework, but unless kissing counts as homework, then we're not. But, its so good to be back. Back, in my home, where I belong. With Jamie, cuddled up against him, on wet windy days.

But, Marcus is coming back,

And I'm going to court...