Chapter 6

Chapter 6

"He shoved me out before I even finished my meal!" I told Eliza, I was frustrated and insulted.

"Well, you have your visit to Madame Ariane to look forward to."

"Don't remind me, she wasn't too fond of me before. Now she'll hate me!"

That dinner caused more problems than giving me more answers, why has my life got to be so difficult? I already know why Madame Ariane hates me, she's been Marcus's little toy for years and now I've came along and got myself engaged. What was her problem? She would be free from this place if all went well.

I spent the following morning with Eliza in the library, I looked around for The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. My favourite book but it wasn't there. Eventually I settled down with a Jane Austin book and flipped through the pages. The way they spoke back then bores me. I could fall asleep just reading the blurb of the book.

I place the book back on the shelf and watch Eliza read the first chapter of Twilight. She puts it down and says to me,

"Its like a crap version of Count Dracula!"

I laugh, remembering my mum say something similar when I had read the first twilight back when I was 12. We both have a giggle fit, but shock passes her face when I tell her there are five movies based on the books.

"You really must be stuck for boredom back home if you watch this rubbish!"

I laugh because I know Paula would disagree and so would Samantha and Abigael. In fact pretty much all my friends would. I can remember having an argument with Paula about who was better, Edward or Jacob. I was team Edward and my insults to Jacob were,

"At least Edward doesn't have puppies!"

And Paula would reply with something along the lines of,

"Go to the dentist, get those fangs seen to."

I tell Eliza about this and she smiles.

"You know vampires and werewolves scared me as a kid, now everyone your age is in love with them!"

After lunch I'm desperate for a bag of chips. I haven't had one in ages and  they don't cook them here in the cafe, which is run by a chef that has been trapped in the cinema, apparently chips didn't exist when the so called chef was in the outside world.

My guess is he's from the Stuart/Tudor era. Poor guy, never had a bag of chips.

Eliza encourages me into talking to Madame Ariane even though I really don't want to. I don't want to look at her face with the blood oozing out. Its disgusting, and I hope I never get cut or bruised while I'm still inside this hell.

"You should go lassie."

Says a man sitting next to Hershel, he has a Scottish accent, a wisp of white hair on his head and I learn that his name is Angus.

He tells me he was a fisherman and he fished in the Atlantic ocean on a boat called the Mary-Leigh. He never mentioned any family.

"If you don't mind me asking, how did u come to be here?"

Angus pauses for a moment, and his eyes focus on his cup of tea.

"I came in here to sell fish. My crew were waiting outside, my son among them. Next thing I knew, I couldn't get out. I've never seen my wee laddie since."

I see the pain in his expression and I wish I could take the question back, save him the pain of remembering.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be, we're all in the same situation and you've got it a little bit harder. Your not seriously going to marry him are ye?"

I shake my head. Angus continues drinking his tea and advises me to go see Madame Ariane.

"Longer you leave it the worse it will be."

So I climb the stairs with Eliza to Ariane's room. I knock on the door when I hear her voice say enter, Eliza stays outside and I shut the door quietly.

"You have some nerve coming here!"

She yells the second I lay my eyes on her. With her fury the blood is pouring faster, how is it possible to be alive in that state? She now looks hideous and I avert my eyes away from her awful face.

"He was mine for the taking! Years I have been working on him! And your here what four days? And suddenly he's yours with a diamond ring to prove it!!!!"

She throws a pillow at me, I catch it and throw it right back. When she realises her effort was in vain, she decides to pick up her hair dryer.

That signals for me to go, I fling open the door and run down the stairs. She runs after me yelling and screaming. I'm screaming louder though. That's when it happens. Marcus appears out of nowhere and grabs Madame Ariane.

"You had no chance with me anyway. Now leave her alone."

Madame Ariane throws her arms up in the air in disbelief, and curses at Marcus.

"Just for that your not coming to the wedding! I'll lock your door!" He yells after her, I give him an appreciative smile but he blanks me.

"I'm going out for your dress tomorrow morning."

He informs me, I mutter thanks but he doesn't hear it.

He walks back to his apartment and doesn't say another word to me. Eliza looks at me sitting at the cafe and shrugs her shoulders. I walk over and sit next to her, Hershel and Angus have now left their seats.

"I guess you waited too long then."

I burst into laughter, I guess the reason I'm laughing so much now is that laughing takes my mind of Marcus and my family and Jamie.

I still have no idea how he will react to this "wedding".

I talk to some children about my wedding, a group of girls ran up to me, sisters. They asked about my dress and I told them I hadn't picked a dress yet.

The youngest one had long black hair tied in a plait,

"You'll look beautiful in any dress." I smile, she's so cute and adorable. Its awful to think Marcus and his so called colleagues would trap her and her older sisters in here.

At night after dinner I go back to cinema room 5, I chat to Eliza for a while about my problems.

"Should I invite Jamie?" I ask.

"Its better he hears it from you, written in the invitation. If he doesn't show, then you can talk when you get home."

I nod my head and try to sleep, not thinking of Jamie.

I fail at that every single time....