Chapter 5

Chapter 5

My tummy is full of butterflies and I feel every time someone mentions dinner I'm going to be sick. When that time arrives I wait in the cafe with Eliza, everyone's waiting for Marcus to make an appearance. When he does he walks down the stars in a black and white tuxedo. I drop my fork in surprise, all I'm wearing is skinny jeans and a vest top. That's when I see a black box in his hand, it came that quickly?

He walks up to me and gets down on one knee and pulls my hand and places the ring on my finger. Its gorgeous, real diamond, and it sparkles in the sunlight. He tells me to stand up and I do, he doesn't need to call for silence, nobody is talking.

"It is official. I, Marcus Smyth am engaged to this girl Alexandra. Now if you don't mind we have to discuss our wedding ceremony over dinner."

He takes my hand and leads me upstairs to his flat, he motions for me to sit at a table, on my plate is pasta with a homemade sauce, a glass of wine and two candles on the table.

"You made this?" I ask.

"Yeah, not bad for a guy, eh?"

I laugh, " I wouldn't know, I'm a crap cook."

We both give a little laugh, which is followed by an awkward silence for a moment, I start to slowly eat my pasta. Marcus then interrupts the silence by saying,

"So who's all coming?"

It takes a moment for me to realise he's talking about the wedding, I look down at the ring on my finger. Why does it have to be there? I pause for a moment as I notice he's now holding a pen and paper.

"My parents." He writes it down,

"My sister, my cousins... Five of them."

He writes down everything I say and I tell him I can hire a minister that's friendly with my family. He doesn't blink an eye to it and scribbles down the minister. He gets up from the table and walks around me, asking me to lift my arm up and stretch my legs out.

"Guess I'll just have to buy a dress and bring it to you. I don't trust you outside the cinema yet, if it doesn't fit I'll get another one. No excuses."

Then as if I'm scum he takes my plate of pasta away and shoves me out the door.

"Better talk to Madame Ariane."

"Why?" I ask.

He just smirks and says "You'll see."