Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I wake up in Cinema room 5 to find Eliza standing over me with an envelope in her hands.

"Marcus gave me them, the invitations are inside. You've to post them off to your family and one for the minister."

I yawn, how long have I slept? Six hours maybe?

"Ok, I'll write them after I've had shower then I'll give them to Marcus to post."

Straight after breakfast I head for the showers, I keep my leggings, shorts, and T-shirt inside my locker, and for some reason the shower is where I do most of my thinking. Is this really a good idea? Should I ask Marcus why he traps us here? That's been bothering me since I arrived. What really is the point of this? He makes no money whatsoever, in fact he loses profits.

My life seriously sucks.

I turn the shower off, go into my locker and dry off. I throw my clothes on and tie my hair in a pony tail as its soaking wet and I don't have my own hairdryer. Seen as I'm his fiance you would've thought Marcus could cash out for a single hairdryer!

I head back to the cafe waiting on Eliza, I see Angus walk into the library, poor guy. Hershel isn't with him, he's probally still asleep. An old woman named Joanna walks around the foyer with her walking stick and as usual shes's muttering something about a dog.

I think about inviting her over but something tells me she's kinda off the rails, but a young girl who is the spitting image of her takes her by the hand and sits at the table across from her. My guess is that's her daughter, so she's not on her own, she has someone.

Eliza appears out of the corridor where all the cinema rooms are with the invitations in her hands. She sets them down on the table, hands me a pen and says to send the first one to my parents.

"Dear Mum and Dad.

I am being forced to marry the manager of this cinema, Marcus. In return I'll be granted freedom and I never have to come back to this place. The wedding takes place  on the 27th of July, at 2pm. In the cinema, you will be let out without having to guess the password. I need you to ask my uncle grant if he will be ok pretending to be the minister so the marriage is not valid. I was going to ask you dad but it would look bad without a dad to walk me down the isle. And Jenn's a bridesmaid, any colour its up to her.

Lots of love, Alexandra."

I write more out on each of them explaining my situation and explaining in full detail to my uncle grant about being the minister. It would look bad without my dad, so he can't be the minister. I wrote to Paula and invited her also stating I understand if she doesn't want to come after what happened.

I wrote them all out in my best handwriting and write their addresses on the front. Writing minister Grant Watson for my uncle. I knock on Marcus's door once they have been written, he appears and smiles.

"Done already. I've done my parents and brother. I'll post them tomorrow morning."

He takes the invitations from me, and he quickly says before he shuts the door on me, again....

"By the way, your dress is coming tomorrow afternoon. I'll come find you for you to try it on."

I smile and now the door shuts on me. Some fiancé! Seriously? Shutting me out?

I go back to the foyer in a mood and head to the library where instead of finding Eliza, I see the two boys and three girls... The group of teenagers that went missing, they are here! I don't say anything, I just sit down and start reading Twilight again. The group leave, the boys looking at me like I just killed them. What have I done now? It seems like everything I do here either makes people happy or makes them hate me?

I ignore the boys and read Twilight, my brain not really taking in the words. Eliza still doesn't come in, I leave the library, nobody now inside except two children playing snakes and ladders on the table.

Eliza is arguing with Madame Ariane and I hear a lot of swearing, they both stomp off at the same time and when Eliza approaches me she's still cursing. I tell her to calm down, she breathes in and out slowly and asks me if I want to go to the garden. I give her a puzzling look as we aren't aloud outside.... But I follow her up stairs after stairs until I see we're on the roof. Although there is glass all around us to stop a quick escape.

The place is amazing, even though the ground is made of slabs there are tree's and benches, a little pond to the side which has gold and orange fish inside.

"Angus feeds them." Eliza informs me.

The view is awesome, I never even noticed that there were trees on the roof before I came inside the cinema, but then again I guess I never pay much attention. There are bushes all around and even a lamp post so you can come up at night. You can hear the birds in the trees and I guess its as close to outside as I'll get till the 27th. I just let Marcus decide the date, as long as it wasn't months away. This leaves me with nearly three weeks till the wedding. I can live till then, this will keep me from going insane.

The only thing missing is wind, outside its sunny and bright. Makes a change for Scotland that's for sure. I look out at the view, people walking around doing their shopping. How can they not see us? Are they so blind?

Jamie....

This is the first time he's came to my mind all day, I miss him. Does he miss me? Will he come to the wedding?

Please, tell me Marcus has brought me a nice dress, I don't want a big fat gyspy wedding dress... Oh god what dress am I getting....