Chapter 18

"Leigh, there's a hole in your heart, you need heart transplant," the doctor said.

"No," I said.

"I'm sorry yes," she said.

Then I blacked out. I was in shock, denial even. 

I was having my chest opened for Christ's sake!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lei, please baby wake up, it's going to be okay," Niall said as I opened my eyes.

"Niall? Where are we?" I said taking in my white sourroundings, I was in a hospital gown.

"You had an anxiety attack is what they said and it was bad," Niall said grimly.

"What about the heart thing?" I asked.

"They have a heart, you're having surgery in 2 days," he said.

"That's good what about Delilah? Will I get to go home before?" I asked.

"El and Lou asked as soon as I explained to them and yes, we need to call the nurse then," he said.

I pushed the button that read "CALL" and a young Latino nurse came bustling in.

"Mrs. Horan! You awoke perfect timing! Doctor say you can leave when you awake!" she said with a rich Spanish accent.

"Great, I'd love to go home," I smiled.

"Doctor also say no fans!" she said.

"Okay," I said.

Niall gave me clothes. It was my 5SOS shirt and jeans with converse. It looked like a teenager's outfit, but I was too shocked to complain and hey I loved 5SOS and often joked at Niall for loving them so much. I changed quickly and Niall and I left. We drove home in silence. 

"I'm going to go lay down," I said when we walked in. 

"Okay, I'm gonna make a cuppa, ya want one? Yeah?" he asked.

"Yes, peppermint please love," I smiled weakly, Niall was trying hard I could tell.

"Go lay down and I'll be there soon Lei," he said.

"Thank you so much Niall," I said then kissing him.

I went into the bedroom and laid down and grabbed my Mac Book and googled "Heart transplant fail rate" I tend to overthink things and I want to be prepared for the worst. 20% failure rate so I had an 80% chance of living, it was reasurring, but not yet reassuring. I logged off as Niall walked in and he held two mugs. He handed me one and I took a sip.

"This isn't actually too bad Niall," I said.

"Leigh you cannot use actually in a compliment, it makes it sound like you were expceting the tea to taste like piss or something," Niall said.

"I've never thought about that," I said. Which is true because, actually makes it sound awful like 'This actually tastes good!' that's kind of insulting to a chef or something."Let's play quick answer," Niall said. Quick answer is a game we came up with and we just answer the question quickly.

"Favorite book quote," he said, we did this often.

"I fell in love the way you fall asleep, slowly then all at once, The Fault in Our Stars," I quoted.

"Really?" he asked.

"Yes, and it describes exactly how I fell in love with you," I smiled.

"What an assclown, Augustus Walters, The Fault in Our Stars," Niall said getting sassy.

"Who just put on their sassy pants?" I teased.

"Okay," Niall said.

"Okay," I repeated.

"You are so into The Fault in Our Stars it's scaring me, what happened to my Lei?" Niall said jokingly.

"It's what happens when you're a bookaholic, you read an epic book and it becomes you," I said.

"You're amazing," Niall smiled. 

"Thank you Niall," I smiled.

"I love you Lei," he whispered.

"I love you Niall," I said.

Then we cuddled and fell into a dreamless sleep.

-------------------------------------------------

a/n: I'm reaching the end of my story :( but i'd like to thank my loyal readers like y'all are amazing and you rock and i love you so much like seriously. and i'm guessing 2-3 chapters left and i'll start updating my other two stories :) if you could please check them out it'd mean the world to me :) 

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH

also on my anon on twitter 5SOS band account followed me and i cried in the bathtub (it was empty and that's normal for me lol) and so yeah it's been fun.

well adios pals!

love,

Chloe <3 xxx