Chapter 1

"He's so darn cute!!!" Gushed Lily, her palms flat on her cheeks as she pretended to swoon.

"And soooooooo dreamy...." Jennifer sighed loudly.

Looking at the back of the guy they were both talking about, Alexandra's eyebrows scrunched up in confusion.

"What's so nice about him?" Alexandra asked frowning. " He looks alright I guess, but you know nothing else about him, how can you like him?"

"Looks alright? Looks alright?! Are you freaking kidding me? Clint is a GOD! He plays the piano, he's a top student AND is the hottest guy in this uni, or maybe even the whole country; and you say he looks alright. God help her!!.." Lily cried out dramatically.

"What? I'm just saying that you can't like someone who you don't know." Alexandra mumbled quietly.

"What, like your Justin? He stood you up and made you wait five hours for him Alex. Five hours!! I have no idea why you are still with him!" Jennifer jumped in angrily.

"He had something on!" Alexandra defended, although her heart sank as she recalled waiting in the cold for five hours and he didn't even seem sorry when she finally called him to see where he'd been.

"He's playing you Alex, break up with him already! He doesn't deserve you!!!"

"But..but.. He said he loved me. Why would he bother lying to someone like me if it wasn't the truth?" Alexandra mumbled weakly, gesturing at her stick-like body. She wasn't as pretty as most of the girls in the uni , and when Justin, the popular jock asked her out one day, she couldn't refuse. They had been going out for a month now and he had been pressuring her to give him her virginity. She had been hesitant, wanting to wait for the right guy, but she was scared to lose Justin.

She was 22 now, and one of the only virgins left in their university. It seemed like a curse to everyone here if you were still a virgin. It just meant no one wanted you.

"He may have told you that, but how do you know he's not lying? That snake definitely has something up his sleeve. I'd break up with him if I were you." Lily huffed.

"But..he's so nice to me. He even gave me a ring, look!" Alexandra showed them the little ring on her finger. Even though she had Lily and Jennifer whom she had met after she started going out with Justin as friends, no one had given her gifts before, and she treasured it very much.

"Pfftt... This old thing? It's just plastic. I bet he got it from some cheap stall in a market place." Lily glared in disdain at the old looking ring on Alexandra's finger.

"I..I... I gotta go. See you tomorrow guys." Alexandra didn't know how to answer them anymore and she chose to run away.

Before they could reply her, she rushed off to her bike and rode off.

Riding past her favourite coffee shop, she parked her bike by the door, locked it and entered John's Bar. It was a dimly lit place with a grand piano in the centre, where they invited performers to sing or perform on some nights. It was one of Alexandra's favourite places to hang out especially when she felt like being alone, because of their delicious ice cream and the good music.

"Hey Alex! Nice to see you again! Will you be having the usual?" John, the owner of the place and also the bartender asked with a big smile on his face.

John was one of the few people who were nice to her and she looked up to him like a father figure sometimes.

"Hey John, yes please, I love your ice-creams." Alexandra smiled shyly.

"Awesome! One ice-cream special coming right up!" Then he leaned toward her whispering, "but for you, I'll add in an extra scoop. But don't tell anyone! It'll be our little secret." He winked at her.