Chapter 2

For convenience sake, I'm gonna start calling Alexandra- Alex from now on...

I'm lazy like that.. :P

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snapping out of her thoughts, she followed the hand up to the most beautiful face she had ever seen.

"You saved me~ My hero~~" she cooed.

"Erm... you okay?" The deep masculine voice coming from the face in front of her sent shivers up her back.

My, my, my. That voice could give people orgasms. Too bad it didn't really suit the face though. That voice belonged to a middle age man who looked like The Rock. The guy in front of her was too young to have a voice like that.

Blushing from her daring thoughts, Alex shook her head and smiled brightly at the guy in front of her. "I'm fine! Just a bit woozy from all that ice-cream."

"You got drunk on ice-cream?" The guy asked raising an eyebrow at her.

'How does he do that? Why can't I raise my eyebrows like that?' She thought absentmindedly, completely distracted.

"huh? Did you ask something?" Alex asked, staring at him. 'Cool, he has two heads now. They both look real pretty though,' She thought admiringly.

"I asked, how did you get drunk on ice-cream." he answered in a bored tone.

"I dunno. John said, some new flavour!!" Alex replied excitedly pointing at John. "I gotta go now, before my dad literally kills me. If I rush home now, hopefully he'll be contented with a beating." she mumbled quietly, pushing past him to get to the door.

"Wait, your dad beats you?" the guy grabbed her back and asked her sternly.

"Only when he's angry, which is most of the time, but It's okay, I've gotten used to it." she shrugged, then pulled away. "Thanks for saving me, superman." she giggled.

*bang*

"OOW!! Stupid door." cursing all the way out, Alex pulled the transparent door open and quickly grabbed her bike.

Shit. Dad was gonna beat the hell out of her when she got home.

Shaking her head to clear the fuzziness out of her head, she forced herself to think of the beating she was going to receive when she got home, and she slowly felt her head clear.

Screeching her bike to a stop, she jumped off the bike and ran as fast as she could into the house.

*slap*

Alex was thrown down by the force of the slap back onto the door where she slowly slid down.

"Where the hell have you been, you slut! You were supposed to be home an hour ago!!!" A giant of a man with glasses screamed at her.

"I'm sorry father. I had things to do in school." Alex sat up quietly, hoping her father believed her lie.

"Don't lie to me!!!" He slapped her again, this time her head knocked against the door, causing her to see stars for a moment. "Jessica said you left school at 6, it's now 8pm. Where've you been for two hours when you were supposed to be home right after school!"

"I..I had stuff to do... for the Taekwando club..."

Before she could continue, he grabbed her hair in his hands and hissed. "Shut up bitch, you've been sleeping around haven't you? Coz' you're a slut. Your mother was a slut and now you are a slut. Even your mother couldn't stand you. She threw you away. And when I, with the full kindness of my heart adopted you, fed you, clothed you, gave you the education you need, all I ask is for you to be my beloved daughter, Jessica's bodyguard, and what do you give me? You sleep around with all the boys in the school like the dirty slut you are."

"N-no! I never! I.."

"Shut up whore!!" he screamed in her ear, banging her head against the door. "Go and do your training. If your hands aren't bleeding by 9 o'clock, I'll beat the shit out of you." He hurled her away and strode in the opposite direction.

Alex slowly stood up from the floor, her head still dizzy from the hit, but she made herself walk to the backyard, where the training gear was.

The man who hit her was her father. Well, her adopted father anyway. He and his first wife had adopted her when they saw her lying on their doorstep, only because their daughter Jessica, 8 years old at that time, had said she needed a punching bag and a bodyguard.

They were very rich and Jessica was a target for many kidnappers. So she was trained from young to fight, to kill. Anything to protect their precious daughter, Jessica safe from harm.

You'll be thinking now, why can't she fight back then, especially when they abuse her?

The fact was, no matter how hard she trained, no matter how badly they hit or abuse her, she couldn't fight back. She had no choice. Because of her brother.

When she was young, they'd told her, that her 'whore of a mother' had two children, her younger brother and her. They'd promise, if she served them and protected Jessica faithfully, they'd consider finding her younger brother for her.

She was afraid, if she fought back, they'd go back on their word and she would never get the chance of seeing her baby brother ever again.

It wasn't all bad though. She was allowed to go to university, although that was only because she was on full sports scholarship. Her everyday training had helped her body to be perfect for sports, but the abuse on it had also caused her to be so skinny and shapeless. Not the least womanly at all.

She just had to make sure she was home by 7pm everyday, otherwise they'd beat her. Although Jessica was in the same university as her, she couldn't predict when her classes would end. Sometimes, though, like today, she'd spot Alex leaving their uni earlier and report to her dad. Normally, on days when her classes ended early, she had some free time and she could choose to enjoy her ice-cream or do her part time job.

Punching the rough doll made out of sand and straw in front of her, she trained until her knuckles bled.

When her father passed by and looked at her bleeding hands, he huffed disappointedly and walked away.

She breathed out a silent breath of relief and made her way back to her room.

Carefully cleaning the wounds on her throbbing knuckles, she took a warm bath and bandaged her hands, then she texted Justin a 'goodnight <3' before lying on the bed.

She waited and waited for a reply, but none came. Until finally, she fell asleep, dejected and feeling all alone in this big world.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------