Chapter 6

"You could stay with me."

There was a long pause, then. "Wha-...HAHAHA... I'm sorry, I think I just hallucinated for a bit. What did you just say?" Alex asked, looking at him expectantly after rubbing her eyes and digging out both her ears.

Clint sighed again. "I said, You. Could. Stay. With. Me....Was that slow enough for you?" He rolled his eyes. Gosh this woman was not only stupid, she was slow as well.

She stared at him for a moment, her jaw dropped and eyes wide. "Bu-..but why?!?" She almost shouted at him.

Rubbing his ears in irritation at her loud voice he asked her, " Why what?"

"Why would I stay with you?? And anyways....why would you even let me stay with you?" Alex asked, looking at him incredulously.

"Look, I'm not gonna give you an explanation." Clint told her, his voice stern.

Because I don't even know why either.

He shook his head, hoping to shake his thoughts away.

"All I know is, that you asked me for help, and I'm giving you a solution. You can take it or leave it." He sat back and crossed his arms in front of his chest, waiting for her to make a decision.

Alex immediately shut up and put a hand over her mouth as she considered her options. She really had no choice anymore.

"Oh, and about your brother, I might know someone who can help you find him." Clint added.

At this her head shot up and she looked at him like he'd just offered her the world.

Jumping up from the floor, she threw her arms around him and squealed "Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!"

His eyes widened at the sudden contact and his body went stiff.

Unfortunately, another part of his anatomy had gone stiff as well.

He quickly pulled away from her and chuckled awkwardly. "So, I take it you're saying yes then?"

"I guess so." But her smile faded and she looked uncertainly at him, "You sure about it though? I don't want to intrude..."

"Nah.. it's okay. Excuse me for a moment." He all but ran into the bathroom and slammed the door shut.

Damn that woman. Damn his soft heart. And damn his stupid morning wood.

He thought back to the way Alex had hugged him in complete joy and he felt himself harden to the point of pain.

He couldn't remember the last time he'd gotten hard just from a hug.

"Clint? Is something wrong? Did I do something wrong?.... Do you not want me to to stay here anymore?" Alex voice sounded muffled through the bathroom door, but she sounded so darn forlorn, he felt his heart soften again.

"Nope, it's nothing. Just needed to pee that's all." He called out and felt himself smiling when he heard Alex's sigh of relief.

"Why don't you go down and start breakfast? I'll join you in a while after I have my shower."

"Okay!!!" She answered happily and Clint heard her leaving the bedroom.

Sighing, he ran a hand through his hair. He didn't have a clue what just happened. His brain seemed to have shut down and he had acted totally on autopilot.

Now he was stuck with a woman to take care of when he could hardly care for himself.

Looking at his main problem that was currently tenting his pants, he sighed loudly yet again.

Time for a cold shower.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay.. so now you've met Clint. Like him? Hate him?

haha.. let me know!! ^_^

vote and comment my loves~ <3