•Chapter 21•

Dungeons, Dungeons and More Dungeons

*Priya's POV*

It was another lazy Tuesday as me, the twins, Grunkle Stan and even Bill sat lazily in the gift shop. I plop myself on the floor and Bill quickly follows behind by holding me in his arms and burying his head in my hair.

"I just ate a bag of Cheese Boodles without using my hands. Lazy Tuesday, you are delivering in a big way!" Mabel cheers victoriously, laying lazily on the floor.

"Heh yeah." Stan chuckles while reading his newspaper.
"It's nice to finally have a day where nothing happens whatsoever-"

Suddenly, the vending machine opens to reveal Grunkle Ford standing there holding a weird looking green octopus in his hands. Bill's eye widens when he notices Ford and quickly disappears. I raise my eyebrow in confusion as to why he left but I quickly turn my attention back to the octopus when I hear the twins scream.

"Everyone get down! Don't let it taste human flesh!" Ford warns and punches the octopus thing as it falls to the floor and runs towards the door.

"Can we keep it?" Mabel asks excitedly.

"Kill it! Kill it!" Grunkle Stan yells and hits it with a newspaper as it screeches and runs up a wall. Ford runs after it and slows down to creep towards the creature. Ford then quickly electrocutes the creature as he picks it up to see it all burnt up. Ford smiles brightly at us and walks back towards the opened vending machine.

"Great, now get it out of here, smells like if death could barf." Stan grumbles, pinching his nose in disgust.

"Great Uncle Ford! I've read all about these creatures in your journal and I think I know how-" Dipper was caught off when Ford spoke.

"No, I'm sorry Dipper, in the dark road I traveled, I'm afraid you cannot follow." Ford says seriously.

"Well, call me for dinner!" Ford adds while smiling as he walks to his lab and closes the vending machine behind him.

"Maybe next time then? Or not? Or never..." Dipper whispers sadly and avert's his eyes to the floor.

"Dipper don't take it so hard." I reassure as I smile warmly at him. Grunkle Stan walks over to us and hits Dipper in the head with a newspaper.

"No do take it hard. Take it hard and serious. My brother is a dangerous know-it-all and the stuff he is messing with is even worse. Do yourself a favor and stay away from him, you hear me?" Stan says.

"But Grunkle Stan all summer long I wanted to know who the author of the journal was! Now the guy lives in our basement and I can't even talk to him! I mean Priya worked on the journal as well, but she doesn't remember anything!" Dipper counters back.

"Dude." I said while glaring at him.

"Sorry."

"Don't worry about what's in the basement. You belong up here with me, Mabel and Priya." Stan says as he smiles at us.

"Yeah! Besides the season finale of Ducktective is airing this Friday! That's all the mystery you need this week." Mabel says happily.

"C'mon, quack with us a Dipper!" I chirp as me, Mabel, and Grunkle Stan start to quack like idiots.

"Quack quack quaaaack quaaaack-why isn't he quaking?" Mabel asks me, meaning Dipper.

~*~*~*~*~

I walk into the living room when I notice Mabel laying on the floor, writing a letter to her parents. (Aka, my aunt and uncle)