t e n

A/N: The time at the beginning of each section of this chapter will make sense at the end ;)

----
6:00 PM

Dear Diary,

I don't know what to do. I don't regret coming here.. but Harry is so kind - and I'm beginning to second guess myself. Did I simply like the idea of Harry, or did I actually want to date him? Life is so confusing. I wish -

A knock on my door interrupts my thoughts. I sigh and put my pen down. "Come in," I call.

Eric emerges from the other side of the door, a frazzled expression on his face. "What is it?" I ask. He juts his thumb behind him. "You didn't tell me you invited friends over."

I furrow my eyebrows. "What are you talking about?" Eric rolls his eyes. "Seriously Christina, you need to stop with that clueless bull crap because it's not fooling anyone."

Eric disappears from the doorway, presumably to go downstairs. After securely hiding my diary underneath my mattress, I quickly run down the stairs, nearly missing a step on my way down.

In the living room, I find Regina and Sarah of all people. Eric is standing in the corner with smoke practically about to emerge from his ears. He delivers me a hard stare before taking another look at Regina and mouthing, 'get them out of here,' before grabbing his coat off the back of the couch.

"Where are you going?" Eric looks at me. "Oh, did I forget to tell you? Well after I came up to announce the presence of our unwelcome guests, mom called. She said she's working late again, and won't be back until tomorrow morning. Which leaves my schedule - " He pauses to reach for a pair of sneakers in the foyer.

"Free. Have fun, and don't do anything you'll regret." His exit is marked with the front door slamming shut, and I rush to the window to spot him climbing into a car before the driver speeds off.

I sigh and turn around to look at Regina and Sarah, who stare at me.

"So," Regina says. "Where's the alcohol?"

----
6:15 PM

"Holy shit Christina. You literally have a whole bar down here." Sarah says in awe. Rows and rows of liquor are on display on the shelves in front of us.

Regina sighs and reaches for a bottle of Vodka at the very top, nearly knocking over the other bottles in the process. I glare at her.

"Regina, I don't support this idea. My mother could be home any minute. Maybe it'd be different if we weren't expecting her but -" Regina delivers a harsh smack to my face, causing my cheek to sting. I cup my face in my hand as I blink away tears caused by the impact.

"Shut the hell up. I'm not stupid. I heard your brother," She turns the cap of the bottle open before shoving it into my hands. I nearly drop it due to how rough she's being.

"Besides, if you don't obey my every rule, we'll never get back home, remember?" I give her an icy glare as we find somewhere to sit, and we finally decide to spread across a U-shaped couch centered in the finished basement.

I raise the bottle to my lips, taking a long swig before setting it down on the floor next to me. I squeeze my eyes as the burning liquid travels down my throat.

Sarah snorts before grabbing at the bottle of  alcohol. "It's not that bad Christina." She takes a sip before passing it over to Regina and clearing her throat. "Don't worry," she smiles. "You'll get used to it.

I smile back weakly. I never imagined this as being the way I spend my Thursday night, but it appears as if my life is on the line if I don't do what Regina says. This universe jump was supposed to be a time where I get to enjoy myself, and so far it's turning into a living Hell.