10

Thursday February 18
10:37am
SCHOOL

"So should I go or no?" Corey asked me.

"Yes!" I cheered, "Go on that date, girl!"

She grabbed her hair in her hands and let out a frustrated sigh, "But what if I let it slip that I slept with his brother?" I mentally rolled my eyes at her promiscuous behaviour.

She opened her mouth to speak again when her eyes narrowed at something behind my head. "Hold up, don't turn around." she warned me.

"What? Why?" Me being me, I turned around. "Oh."

Cameron Wilson strode over to the two of us with a cocky grin, his hands in his pockets.

"Hello, Brookie Cookie," He greeted me using the old nickname he gave me, not even bothering to acknowledge my friend.

"Corey, is there a garbage shoot around here?" I asked her sarcastically, "better yet, a trash compactor?"

"Wow, Brookie," Cameron tilted his head and licked his lips. "Did you just make a reference? I didn't know you liked Star Wars."

"Well Wilson," I called him by his last name, "now you do. So I suggest you go find that shoot to slide your shitty life down."

He pouted. "that's no way to treat your boyfriend."

"Cameron, please just go," Corey spoke up, "you're clearly not wanted here."

Cameron ignored her again.

"Brookie, if you're mad about what happened yesterday, just know it wasn't my fault. We were all talking and then your brother pounced on me, all I did was defend myself." He tried to reason.

"You beat the shit out of him you son of a-" Cameron cut me off by pushing me against the locker, trapping me by caging me with his chest. He was close to me. Much too close for my liking.

"Whoa, let her go!" Corey yelled at him, grabbing his bicep, trying to pull him off me but he didn't budge.

"Brooklyn you never trust me," His breath touched my face. "Why can't you just trust me? I can't help the fact that your brother's a dick."

"Don't touch me you bastard!" I tried to kick him, but he caught my leg in his knees.

"Okay man, maybe you should let her go."

The three of us turned to see a tall guy with dark brown hair and hazel eyes walking towards us, a concerned look on his face.

"This is none of your goddamned business, Sykes," Cameron growled through gridded teeth and I squirmed under his grip once more.

He shrugged. "Maybe not, but I don't think she wants you touching her." He gestured to me.

"Just drop it, Sykes." Cameron sent him a menacing glare.

"Let-me-go," I spoke every word slowly, giving his dumb brain time to process what I was telling him.

"See Wilson?" The guy grinned, "there are better ways to impress a girl without pinning her to a locker against her will."

"Fine," Cameron pushed off of me, "see? I let her go." He spat at my saviour.

"Good job," he clapped his hands sarcastically, "I'd give you a gold star if I had one."

"Fuck off," Cameron looked him up and down before turning back to me, "I'll see you later, Brooklyn," he nodded at me before walking away.

"Go fuck yourself with a cactus," I hissed at his retreating figure.

We all stood there awkwardly for a moment before the mysterious guy broke the silence.

"Point guards are usually dicks, you know?" He tried to joke.

I raised my eyesbrows before looking over his familiar form again, "aren't you the other point guard?"

He scratched the back of his neck. "Uh yeah actually, haha," he looked around before looking back at me. "Anyway, I'd better get going." He started to make his way down the hall but I called after him.

"Wait, what's your name?"

He turned back around to face me and smiled. "Anakin Skywalker."

I blinked. "I'm sorry, what?"

He laughed. "I'm just messing with you. I heard you liked Star Wars."

"Oh," I replied lamely as he continued I walk down the hall. "Okay."

Once he was out of sight, Corey nudged me. "He's hot."