epilogue

10 years later

*this epilogue was very rushed and poorly thought-out. if you want to read a better, more real epilogue you can read the chapter called 'alternate ending' :)

"Babe? What's wrong?" Brooklyn looked up from her feet to see a pair of worried eyes, looking down at her.

Brooklyn quickly waved it off and forced a smile, making space on the bed for Jackson.

Throughout the week, Brooklyn had become slightly distant towards Jackson which worried him. Both of them were always open about their feelings and he knew something was on her mind, but every time he brought it up Brooklyn would dodge the question.

"Nothing," she told him with a smile, "everything's perfect."

Jackson hesitated. He knew she was lying - Brooklyn had never been good at lying. He basically knew that girl inside and out, whatever she was hiding must have been very important if she would be that reluctant to share it with him.

"Brooklyn," his eyes softened and he took her hand in his. "If something's wrong please tell me. I want to help." It was true. He wanted to know if she was upset so that he could help her. That's all he ever wants - for her to be happy.

Brooklyn's fake smile slowly faded, a frown taking it's place as she shifted her graze back to her feet.

"Brooklyn," he said gently, "what's wrong, sweetie?"

"I don't know if I should tell you," she told him.

"Are you scared to tell me?" He asked her, "are you afraid I'll think differently of you?"

Brooklyn shrugged. Her brown hair was now covering her face, shielding her from Jackson's worried eyes.

"You can tell me anything," He whispered, using his index to gently lift her chin so that they were face to face.

"I don't want you to leave me," she tells him as her lip starts to tremble. His heart nearly broke as he watched his love cry. He brought her face closer to his and kissed her tears.

"I would never, ever leave you." He reassured her, and he meant it.

Brooklyn took a shaky breath, trying to control her breathing. She looked so sad, and so scared.

"Do you promise you won't get mad at me?" He told him with a serious face.

"I'd never get mad at you," he nodded.

"But do you promise?" she asked again, with more force.

"I promise."

He watched as she closed her eyes and held his hand tighter. She swallowed before speaking.

"I'm pregnant."

All Jackson could do was stare at her as Brooklyn waited in anticipation for him to answer.

After a few moments, Jackson broke out into a huge smile.

"You think I'm mad at you?" He cried. He couldn't believe what she just told him, never mind the fact that she thought he would want to leave her.

"You're mad, aren't you?" Her face fell. "I'm sorry. I'm really, really sorry. I can leave you, I'll go pack my bags-"

"Are you crazy?" He demanded. "Why on earth would I want you to leave? I love you." He reassured her, saying each word slowly.

"I want a baby," he said again, "I want to start a family. With you, and only ever you." Brooklyn nodded as she took in his words. Suddenly a wave of relief floods through her body, drowning any worry she had. Jackson loves her and she has nothing to worry about.

"C'mere," Jackson opened his arms wide, inviting her into an embrace. She gladly found her way into his arms as he cradled her back and forth.

"I can't believe I'm gonna be a daddy," he whispered, making Brooklyn smile. He wasn't disappointed at all, Brooklyn thought. He's nothing but happy.

"We're gonna have a family." Brooklyn said, her smile somehow growing.

"We can name our son Darth Vader and I can teach him how catch all the ladies." Jackson suggested, causing Brooklyn to laugh.

"That's not a suitable name," she complained, " and we don't even know if it's going to be a boy. It could be a girl for all we know."

"You're right," he told her, "and if it's a girl then she's not going to go anywhere near a boy - or girl, if that's the case - until she's 50."

"Oh calm down, will you? The baby won't even be born until at least seven months by now."

"I know, I know." He smiled at his wife, "I just never thought this would be my future. I don't mean I thought I wouldn't end up with you, but rather the fact that i'd be this happy. So trust me when I say I'd re-live our teenage years all over again if I could, if it meant I'd be this happy." They started at each other for a moment, just admiring one another.

"I love you." Brooklyn tells him, pecking his lips.

"I know."

***

Thank you to anyone and everyone who has made it all the way here. You have no idea how much I appreciate it!

With love,
Via <3