epilogue ; alternate ending

My first epilogue was rushed and I had no time to think of a good idea to end my story, so I ended it happily on a high note. It was cliché looking back on it and the problem is that I honestly don't enjoy cliché things, so, although it's a bit late, I decided to write an alternate ending ;)

3 Years Later
January 21
3:43pm

I rushed through the streets of Manhattan, my heels clicking against the concrete as I balanced my bag on my shoulder and a coffee in my hand.

I had just left a meeting and was now on my way home to help my roommate, Sophia.

Sophia needed much help for a date tonight. She spoke to him and they planned to go out, but from what she's told me he's very hot and she needed much assistance in getting ready.

Once I swung the door to our apartment open, only to see that it was trashed.

Clothes were being later out all over the furniture, and the couches had been pushed to the side of the room.

Sophia was running around, back and forth from her room to the living room. Her hair was crazy and her eyes were wide.

"Whoa!" I exclaimed, dropped my bag from my shoulder and hanging it on a hook.

"Help me!" She yelled.

"Calm down," I reassured her, taking small steps in her direction. "You have two hours."

She grimaced and so I grabbed her by the shoulders and forced her down on a chair.

"Stay here and let me doll you up, okay?" She nodded grimly, and I I looked around our living room for something she could wear.

"Dress?" I asked. "Are you going somewhere fancy?"

She nodded. "Nothing too fancy though, just formal."

I nodded my head and continued my search for the perfect dress.

I finally picked out a red, airy dress for my friend to wear. It stopped just above her knees and exposed an appropriate amount of skin for a first date.

She slipped it on and I smiled. She looked gorgeous, twirling around in front of the mirror.

"He's going to love it," I gushed, causing my friend to flush.

"I hope so," she said. "I've been waiting to go out with him forever."

She let me start doing her hair, and I listened to her talk about the date she was so excited to see.

She jumped in her seat, a notification alert cutting off her sentence.

I continued her hair as she picked up her phone to read the message. I jumped back as she put her phone down and stood up in a rush.

She grabbed me by the arm and started dragging me in the direction of the big pile of clothes found in the center of our living room.

"What are you doing?" I asked her. "Is your dress not appropriate?"

"My dress is fine," she said. "But we need to find a dress for you. He wants to turn this into a double date!"

Oh no, I thought. I wasn't exactly in the mood to meet a new face, never mind go on a date.

"Sophia..." I whined, as my friend threw dresses out of her way as she searched for the perfect one.

"Brooklyn," she whined back. "This would look great on you!" She exclaimed, pulling up a cute black dress, a similar style to hers but more simple.