bonus chapter ; youre such a klutz

Tuesday July 22
3:37pm

I watched as Jackson dribbled the ball up the court and performed a layup, catching his rebound. He ran back to half-court before noticing my presence, catching the ball in his hands and smiling in my direction.

He wiped his glossy forehead with the back of his hand and gestured to my hands. "What do you have there?"

I held it out for him. "I brought you a small snack, seeing how you decided to spend your time doing what could have been studying, playing basketball."

He laughed at my remark and took the bowl of grapes from my hands. I quickly snatched the ball from his hands and dribbled it down the court. I took my shot and the ball went straight through the hoop.

"Solid two points," I turned to see Jackson call to me from where he stood, chewing on a mouthful of grapes. "Eleven out of ten." He held a thumbs up.

I laughed at him, passing the ball back in his direction. He caught it in his hands, having put down the bowl of grapes.

"I can't remember the last time I played against you," he remarked.

I smiled and shook my head. "I'm way too rusty for that now. It's most likely been months since I've last played a game."

Jackson put the ball down. He walked over to me and wrapped me up in his arms.

"What are you doing?" I laughed.

"You poor, poor soul." He shook his head buried his head into my hair.

I laughed again and tried to escape his grasp, but he clung even tighter.

"Let me go," I squealed, "if you do I'll give you a kiss."

He lifted his head. "Promise?"

"Promise," i said.

He let me go but I broke off into a run, back in the direction of the house. My feet hit against the pavement as I tried to cut a corner, slipping on my socks. I heard Jackson's feet behind me.

I ran into the living room and jumped behind a couch. I could heard Jackson rush into the living room and poked his head behind the couch.

"Are you seriously trying to hide? Brooklyn I can literally see the top of your head-"

I jumped up from my hiding spot and dashed for the back door, but ended with running into the glass door. I made a grunt noise and my hands went up to cup my nose.

"Whoa there," Jackson grabbed me from behind. "You alright? Let me get you some ice."

He grabbed me some ice from the freezer, before rushing back to place it against my head.

"You're cute," I grinned. "It's okay, I'm alright."

He smiled and shook his head but continued to apply the ice. "You're such a klutz. Now, where's my kiss? Pay up."

I gave him a peck on the lips, and he made an exaggerating "smack" sound.

I threw my head back and laughed. "You're weird."

He made a silly face. "Only for you."