Im coming home

This is not a continuation of the last two chapters. Just want to make that clear. Okay carry on.

LOCKWOOD~~~~~~~

Its been a year since Lucy's departure and everyday just keeps getting worse. Two months ago the nightmares that had engulfed me after my sisters death returned but this time they were different.

This time it would begin the same. I would be in the basement practicing my moves on floating Joe. They were like most dreams, but this time I heard a voice; a soft voice. It was Lucy's. I walked upstairs only to be greeted by many different images. that made me flinch and fall to the ground. Sometimes she would be covered in blood or swelling from ghost touch. She would ask why I wasn't there when I promised I would be. I could never save her in these dreams. She would die before I could reach her.

I would awake screaming and clutching my chest trying to calm my thunderous heart. One night George actually came barging in, rapier in hand only to see my tear stained face. He asked if I was alright and I said yes but he knew me too well to believe it. He left me to my thoughts that night after bringing me some tea like he used to long ago. After that he knew not to come in.

Yet today as I sat in my worn out chair, nose buried in another magazine when he approached me.

"Lockwood?" He asked nervously. I looked at him with a broad smile on my face that was slightly forced. The nightmares that night had been slightly worse. I couldn't seem to rid them of my mind this morning.
"Yes? What is it George?" I replied in a simple tone. It was becoming harder and harder to smile these days.
"Well I was thinking. Umm... Why don't you and me go down and visit Luce. It's been so long and maybe she would appreciate a visit." He asked scratching the back of his neck.
Visit Luce? Why, I hadn't thought about that.
"Why, thats not that bad of an idea George. Lets do it!"

And thats how I found myself two hours later pulling up to the train station of Lucy's hometown. I stepped out with George at my side. We looked around taking in the beautiful surroundings. It really was a gorgeous place. We began following the directions to Lucy's apartment when George randomly stopped. I turned to see him facing a sign.

"It says that this is the memorial sight for 8 children. They died while trying to locate a source at this exact location. It says that one girl made it out alive. The other were found hours later, ghost touched."

"Wonder who the girl was." I said coming closer.

"I know who it was." Said a male voice from behind. I turned and took in the man who stood before us. He reminded me of Quill.

"She was my student. She was a bright one ya' know." He said in a scruffy voice.

"How old was she?" George asked.

"At the time? Like 9 I think."

"Wow she was young." I said.

"How old is she now?" Said George

"17."

"What was she like."

"Bright. Smart. Perky. She was a good girl. Alway did as she was told. She had a temper though. Boy did she have a temper. But it was expected. You know, 'cause she was raised that way."

"What do you mean?" I asked hoping he would elaborate. He did.

"She was beat as a kid by her father."

"Why?" George asked.

"Her father would ofter come home drunk. When he did he would often beat her for dumb things like if she wasn't practicing hard enough or if she even for a moment," he chuckled shaking his head. He look me in the eyes and said " acted like a kid."