Parenting (sort of) pt2

LUCY

I know what you dirty minded people were thinking. You answer is no, that didn't happen. Lockwood dragged me to his room and we snuggled for two hours. In that time we talked and laughed, kissed a little. Ok a lot, but you can't blame us.

The next morning we heard a scream come from down stairs. We took off for the door, Lockwood in front. When we burst into the kitchen we saw many things. Dinner lying on the ground in a mess next to a very small George.

"Oh lord." I said running over to him. "Are you ok?" I said bending down and picking him up, wrapping him in his shirt like Lockwood had once done to me. Lockwood came up behind me and stared at little George.

"Im small." George said bowing his head in defeat.
"YOUR VOICE IS SO SQUEAKY!" I screamed excitedly. Lockwood and George both jumped.
" Lucy dont give the little man a heart attack." He smiled his gigawatt smile.
"SHUT UP!" George bellowed. "Lets see how you like it in a couple of days." I turned to Lockwood smiling. His face paled.
"It'll be okay, but this is definitely going to be a long week." I sighed still holding George. He was still his chubby little self with his now overly large spectacles.

Life went about in our cozy little house but it's atmosphere has definitely changed. Lockwood constantly had this far off look in his eyes and I had to snap him back to reality on many several occasions. George was more quiet and to himself. We let it go, for I knew what it was like to be small and weak like him. But yes, life carried on.

We got a visit from Flo, George's girlfriend on the second day. She had a small panic attack when we showed her George. We had to explain what was happening which im not so sure she completely was listening. She told us she wanted to stay with him and Lockwood was more than happy to allow. This allowed us more time to ourselves. But before I could say anything he disappeared. I gave it ten minutes then grew impatient and flew up the stairs. I found him in his room, staring at his reflection in the bathroom mirror. I came up from behind him, wrapping my arms around him and laying my head on his back. He sighed then spoke, " I, I don't know why we're dating." This took me off guard, "what do you mean?" I sputtered.
"You deserve so much better." Oh thank god. "So thats what this is about. There isn't anyone I'd rather be with, Lockwood. I love you." He turned around, holding me against his chest, rocking slowly.
"Oh Luce, I love you so much. I'd do anything for you." I smiled. We stood there for sometime, holding each other. Then Lockwood led me to his bed, I was so tired that when as soon as I was huddled into him I found I just couldn't open my eyes. Lockwood kissed the top of my head delicately. " love you." He said.
"Love you too." I sighed and was out.

LOCKWOOD

Lucy was so tired she fell asleep in seconds. I on the other hand lay there for some time, looking at her. She was so beautiful when she was asleep. I closed my eyes a felt her breath tickling my arm. I smiled, how did I end up this lucky? I thought to myself. Then an odd question poked its way into my skull, would my parents have liked her? Would Jess of liked her? I thought about this for a while before falling asleep in my lovers arms.

I dreamt of Lucy, of course. It was a beautiful sunny day I observed on my way to the kitchen, following the sound of Lucy's humming. When I got down stairs I came up behind Lucy, giving her a surprise kiss. She giggled and returned my loving gesture. I sat down next to a little girl that I had never seen before. She smiled up at me, " G' morning daddy!" My smile grew brighter, " morning sweetheart!"

LUCY
When I woke up I was still in Lockwood's arms. He held me close to his lean frame so that all I could smell was his scent of tea and books. He was smiling in his sleep so I guess it was a good dream. I closed my eyes, taking in this gorgeous moment, which didn't last too long. I turned to look at the clock, it read 2am. When I turned back Lockwood's eyes were open.
"Why do you have to be such a light sleeper." His eyes were still half shut and he smiled a lazy smile. His head came closer and he gave me a quick peck on the cheek. This soon worked up to be a make out scene. Lockwood rolled over so I was on top of him. We broke the kiss. We were both panting with wild grins on our faces.
"Good dream?" He nodded. "It was amazing. It was you, me, and our daughter." I looked at him, grin dimming.
"Daughter?" I asked hesitantly. His expression didn't change. "I hope you know one day I'm going to marry you. Your everything to me, I can't lose you Lucy." My face lit up, I bent down and kissed his nose. "I can't wait."
And with that, we fell back asleep in each others arms, me on top.

On the third day we heard a yelling down stairs. Me and Lockwood crashed down the stairs and nearly fell on top of each other on the kitchen floor. George stood in the center of the kitchen. His face was red, " sorry, got a bit excited." He was back to his normal hight. Flo was by his side she was smiling, but not for long. We all looked at Lockwood. We knew what was going to happen.
"I'll call you to my room after it happens, Luce." He bent down and gave me a rough, last kiss, slowing down by the end, making it gentle and kind near the end, and with that he disappeared up stairs. The last sound was his door clicking shut.