George approves the ship

LUCY~~~

Ugh. Why Barns why? This morning I received a letter from the royal pain in my side requesting me to come to his office in London at once.

London. I hadn't been there since my departure from Lockwood and co. In months.

I was to be there by 2:00 that afternoon. I packed my small back with food, extra money, and my house keys and set out for the train station. I called my sister before I left to tell her I wouldn't be home tonight. Me and my older sister Mary shared a house speaking neither of us could live alone. I didn't mind it. I liked having her there.

I made it on the train by 11:30. It was a fast ride. I stared out the window mostly. I watched the trees and houses go by. I missed London so bad. I wanted to go back, to only visit of course. Yet I never did.

The train pulled up at 1:45. I walked down the streets that reminded me of home. Walking to DEPRAC was the hardest. All the people and places I passed reminds me of them. Of him.

I was ten minutes early when I finally got there. Walking in was the oddest. I handed the lady my letter. She told me to park my butt in the waiting room with the rest.

Wait! The rest. There where more.

Walking in I seen many people I did and didn't know. My gaze landed of Kipps. I grinned and walked to him, plopping myself next to the carrot top. He didn't seem to notice.

"London really is beautiful this time of year." I said. His head whipped up. He grinned.
"Why I suppose it is. But my favorite season is fall. The leaves blend just right."
"Yes I suppose you're right. Plus you've lived here longer than I."
He grinned.
"Carlyle"
"Carrot top and friends."
"Very funny. Ha ha. Look at me laugh."
"Thats a first."
"A first for us both."
"Why did Barns call us here?"
"No clue. Wouldn't say. You know what? I think this is the longest we've ever gotten along."
"Wow. Another first. We deserve a medal."
"Well I deserve a medal."
"The only thing you would get is a participation award."
"Don't soil the moment Ms. Sass."
"To late. Your face already did."
"And our time is."
"Less than two minutes." Kat pipped in.
"I'll take it." He said.

I sat back. More people came in. I knew them all. Rotwell and Penelope joined us. And finally Barns came in. Right at that moment Lockwood and co. Burst through the door.

"I knew I shouldn't have called you in." Barns spat.
"But you did." Said Lockwood. He looked at everyone's annoyed faces. And landed on me. I waved but kept my hand low, so Barns couldn't see.

We were lead into a large room. There was one large round-ish table and many chairs. I took my seat next to Quill. Again. Lockwood sat on the other end of the table, looking—for only but a moment— almost hurt.

"I called you all in because I need your help. A very important artifact was stolen by someone within this company. Their name is Jeremy Keys. This person is known to have a violent background. We need you all to track him down and secure that artifact. If that ghost is let out, we could be looking at another outbreak." Everyone looked at him. How could someone have stoled from DEPRAC. The company is huge. It's security is top level. How could this have happened?

"What is the artifact?" Asked Bobby.
"Im glad you asked. It is a vase. It has descriptions carved into the sides that we have been trying to crack. If it is broken, we may never find out what it is trying to say."

"How old is it?" Asked George.

Barns frowned "older than you. That's for sure."

"That doesn't give us anything." I pipped in. Everyone turned to me "well, it was a good question. And given your response I don't think you know."

"Of course I know. It's back from when this whole problem started. It's ancient." He frowned.

The meeting went on from there. I almost fell asleep at some point and from the looks of it, I wasn't the only one.

We were let out at 4:57.

The first thing I did after stepping out was fill my lungs with fresh air. I stood alone at the front of the building. Summer was approaching and everyone could feel it.

Some one cleared their throat. I opened my eyes and saw Quill. Only Quill.

"Yes?" I asked.
"Hello again."
"Did you need something?"
"I came to ask if you would like to join up with me and my team on this tricky case. I only say this because I know you're alone and maybe kinda slightly feel bad."
"Thank you for the offer but I must decline. Quill if you and me can't get along for two minutes how are we supposed to get along for, I don't know, say, a few months?"
"I see your point. Are you going to join with Tony and crew?"
"Most likely not."
"Really? Shocker!"
"I should get going. Good luck." I said pealing myself from the wall
"And to you as well." He wished me off. Why was he so happy?
I pulled out my phone. I should let my sister know whats going on. I couldn't keep taking a train down everyday but I couldn't leave her alone. Could I?

"Hey Lucy." I heard someone call. I turned to see Lockwood and George coming towards me. I could help but smile. Before I could say anything they grabbed me into a bone crushing hug. I smiled and hugged them back.

"Why hello there strangers." I said after they let go.
They smiled.
"Welcome back." Said George.
"It's good to be back." I said smiling.
"Where are you going to be staying?" Lockwood asked.
"I see where this is going, and the answer your looking for is no."
Lockwood sighed and George whined.
"Please Lucy. We could really use your help. Pleeeeaaaassssseeeee." Lockwood whined.
"Not happening." I said.
"Fine then you leave us no choice."
"Oh really— wait what are you two doing?" I gasped as they came to my sides and grabbed my arms. Lifting me into the air.
"We'll just have to drag you there." Said George
"Put me down." I shrieked. I was holding back my laughter.
"No way Luce." Said Lockwood.
"Oh no Im losing my grip." Said George in the most monotone voice ever.
"Well we can't let her get away." Said Lockwood. Next thing I knew I was being picked up bridal style by Lockwood. I shrieked. He laughed walking me towards the cab parked on the side of the road. He put me in the cab and him and George climbed in afterwards.

"are you kidding me?" I said finally. The cab started pulling away. "You two are like children."
"Extremely handsome, strong, talented children." Said Lockwood.
"One of which that you just said was correct." I smirked.
"I think she means the extremely handsome one." Said George.
"Oh totally." I said giving them a fake wink. Lockwood smirked.
"Oh Lockwood, your extreme hotness is to overwhelming. ." I put my hand to my forehead and 'fainted' on his lap.
He laughed.
"Hey what about me?" Said George.
"Oh yeah you too George." I winked again, still in Lockwoods lap. I went to get up but as I did Lockwood bent down and kissed my forehead.
I fell right back down again.
He winked at me.
"Why?" Was all that came out
"Why not?" He asked.
"This is my cue to look away." George said turning toward the window.
I sat up and Lockwood put his hand to my cheek. His lips met mine and fireworks exploded in me.
"I ship it." George said under his breath but still loud enough for us to hear.