Its not nice to ease drop

LUCY

Me and Lockwood have noticed that lately our good friend George has been acting strange. He's been acting different for about two months now. We tried to ask if he was all right but that usually didn't end well.

Another thing that caught our eye is that he goes out at night more. He says he like to stroll around and take a breather but we both know that's basically impossible at night. The constant feeling of something watching you isn't quite relaxing.

Tonight was just another one of those nights. George announced he would be back in a hour or two, and then left. But tonight was also different, for tonight me and Lockwood would be playing detective.

After two minutes we jumped to our feet and threw on our coats, boots, and belts. With our rapiers strapped to our sides we opened the door and stepped into the cool night. We stepped to the sidewalk and I let Lockwood take over. He had the best eyes so he scanned for George and I of course checked for visitors. We spotted him not too far away and we started to follow but very far behind.

We also didn't want to make him believe we were visitors ourselves so we walked on the other side of the street, hand in hand like we were some happy couple. It was odd at first but we warmed up to the feeling after a while.

"Wonder what this is all about, it's just not like him." I said in a more quieter voice but knowing George was farther ahead I knew there was no need to whisper.
"And I as well Luce. Looks like he's headed toward town. Wait, whats he doing now?"
We slowed down and watched George walk into the candy store.
"He's going to catch onto us Luce."
"What do you suppose we do?"
He looked at me before backing me into the wall of the closest building. He came really close. My breath hitched.
"Watch  for George and give me the ok." He whispered.
So thats what I did. He didn't move until I said so. George came out with a small sack of candy but identifying it was impossible. He looked our way, Lockwood still against me. Then he turned and left.

Lockwood backed up and took my hand again. 

"Good thinking." I said trying to break the awkward silence.
"Heh, well... um heh." He smiled.
I bumped him slightly with my hip.
His smile grew.

We followed George down to the Thames.
This was where I first met Flo- wait a minute.
Candy
Thames
Flo

Oh no.....

I looked at Lockwood. He was thinking the same thing as I. We watched him from behind a tree. Another shadow came into view.

Without speaking George reached down and grabbed the candy. She smiled and came closer but he only shook his head. What he did next made both mine and Lockwood's jaw drop.

He proceeded to take a piece of licorice out of the bag and stick it between his front teeth. Half of it stuck out of his mouth.

Flo came closer and closer till she was right in front of him. Then she took the half in the mouth and bit down, but before she could escape, George grabbed her waist and kissed her. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed back.

"I missed you." She said after their intense make out session.
"I missed you too. I wanted to come yesterday but Lockwood and Lucy are becoming suspicious. Im worried their going to find out soon."
"I want to tell them but..."
"But what?"
"I'm not good with love. And what if Locky says no? I can't lose you." She snuggled into his neck and sighed.

I took Lockwood's hand and we took off.

After about 5 minutes of running we slowed our pace and began walking home. We said nothing.

Then I started laughing.

"Whats so funny?" Lockwood asked.
"George got a girlfriend before you." I snickered.
"I have a girlfriend." He said.
"Oh really? And who might this girl be?"
"You." He said "I MEAN ONLY IF YOU WANT THAT! Oh got im such a cults. Im sorry Luce-"
"No! I would love that... Only if thats what you want."
"Oh course Lucy. Im kinda... in love with you."
My cheeks blushed so red in that moment.
"Im in love with you too Lockwood."
"Should we tell George we know?"
"Give it awhile. I want to know how he's going to break the news to us."

THREE WEEKS LATER~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

George hasn't told us yet and we haven't told him about us yet.

Every night though, after George falls asleep I tiptoe into Lockwood's room where I would find him waiting for me. I would craw into his bed and snuggle into his side. We would kiss each other goodnight and fall asleep like that. I would always leave before he woke up and go back to my room, that was the hardest part.

Tonight when I entered his room he was sitting up. I crawled up to him. He smiled and threw the duvet over my legs. With my head on his shoulder and my hand in his he finally spoke.

"We should invite Flo over to dinner. Maybe they'll tell us then."

"You do realize that if they tell us about them we have to tell them about us, right?"

He nodded " yes I do realize that and Im fine with that, but what if they don't tell us?"

"Then we'll tell them first and maybe their tell us but if they don't," I looked up at him " then I don't know."

"Lets sleep on it."

And we did. Arrangements were made for Friday. She came down two hours early and asked if she could use the showers. Of course Lockwood allowed. I was setting the table when she came down. She looked much nicer, and she smelled so much better. We all sat down. I sat next to Lockwood and Flo sat next to George. Everything George made was incredible. He really is an amazing cook. Then dessert was served. I cut the chocolate cake and passed it around. Neither  George nor Flo said anything about their relationship. I looked at Lockwood and he understood. He cleared his throat and everyone looked his way.

"I- we have an announcement to make," he looked at me then back at them " me and Lucy are... dating."

"So that's what this is about. Well I'm happy for you Locky. "

"As am I. I suppose I'll just have to get used to being the third wheel."

We laughed.

They said nothing at first.

"We also have something to say." Flo said. George looked at her. "I think it's time." She said.

George looked at us " we are also... Dating." He looked down.

"Oh we all ready knew th-" I elbowed Lockwood in the side to shut him up. He groaned.

"Congrats!" I said

"You knew?" Flo asked.

"No?" It came out as more of a question then an answer.

"How did you find out?"

I looked at Lockwood.

"WELL?!" George spat.

"We followed you one night. We didn't know what was going on and It worried us George. We are incredibly sorry. It wasn't our business-"

"Your darn right it wasn't." Flo growled.  

"Im sorry." I said.

"It's alright but how much... did you see?" Flo asked.

"Enough for a long tim-" I elbowed him again.

"I hate you so much Locky."

"Love you too Flo." Lockwood wheezed.