Chapter 49: Kat VS Cam

Leah's POV

"Leah, wake up."

I slowly opened my eyes, and looked up, seeing Kat. "Hey Kat."

She motioned me to sit up and so I did. That's when I saw her with a tray of food. "I brought us breakfast." she said as she put it down onto my lap.

"Aww, Kat! Breakfast in bed?" I asked, smiling big. "You shouldn't have to."

She smiled and nodded. "I wanted to. I wanted to thank you for being there for me, for staying here. And this is the least I could do."

"Thanks." I said and smiled. "But I loved the sleepover, so that's an amazing reward too." I said to which she smiled and came to sit in front of me. "And your bed is really soft."

She nodded. "I know right, it feels as if you're sleeping on a cloud."

"Yeah, amazing."  I said as I started eating breakfast.

After breakfast, we prepared for school. Kat and me took turns for the bathroom, and Kat - being the nice person she is - let me go first. 

When we were both ready, Kat drove us to school. What I loved was that I got dropped of right in front of school. Even though T's spot isn't that far, it's not the exact same...

"Leah, thanks again for last night, it was amazing." Kat said as she walked next to me, together we walked to the entrance of school.

"You're welcome. And really, it was really amazing. I felt like a queen at your place."

Kat smiled. "Well you deserve to be treated like that. After all, you're my beautiful queen." she said and smiled, looking straight in my eyes.

I started blushing. "Wow, uhm... Thanks..."

"Hey my love." Cam said, wrapping her arm around my shoulders. "Who's this?"

I looked from Cam to Kat, who seemed upset all of the sudden. "Cam, this is Kat." I said to Cam. "Kat, this is Cam."

"Nice meeting you." Kat said, showing a small smile at Cam.

Cam glared at her. "Mhm. What are your intentions with the love of my life?"

I rolled my eyes and unwrapped Cam's arm from my shoulders. "Cam, again, I'm not your love. And Kat doesn't have to explain anything to you. We're just amazing friends." I looked back at Kat, who by now smiled. "Right?"

Kat nodded. "Absolutely." she said and looked from Cam at me. "So you two... You aren't dating?"

"Of course we are." Cam said, holding me.

I got out of Cam's embrace. "No, we aren't. Cam's my ex girlfriend and she can't let go."

"Because you're not realizing we're made for each other."

I rolled my eyes. "Don't pay attention to that, she won't stop no matter what."

Kat nodded and smiled. "Anyway, I have to go now. I hope we can do a sleepover again soon."

I nodded and smiled as well. "Count on it. I had an amazing time."

Kat smiled and walked away. That's when my other friends joined us. "Who's that? Your new girlfriend?" Kara asked, she didn't seem pleased.

Cam groaned. "No, because I'm her love."

"Cam, come on, it's not even funny anymore." I said to Cam and then looked to my friends. "And no, she isn't my girlfriend, she's just a friend. Her name's Katherine but I call her Kat."

"Why haven't we seen her before?" Sally asked.

"Because she's new to this school."

"And you're already sleeping at her place?" Kevin asked, eyebrows raised. "That relationship moves fast."

"We're not dating! Please guys, Cam's annoying talk is enough, I don't need three other people."

"Hey!" Cam said, nudging me.

"It's the truth." I said and entered the classroom. We sat at the back row again and waited for the day to start.

____________________________________

And so another school day went by. I saw Kat again during lunch. We ate together, outside. She had brought a picnic for us. We ate it in the grass at school and we were lucky with the good weather.

My other friends waved at me from afar, I motioned them to come closer, but they motioned to Cam being grumpy and I understood.

Kat asked if everything was alright, but I shook it of and we enjoyed our meal.

During other classes, I'd pass her in the hallway and we'd giggle or hug each other. I was really having a lot of fun with her.

And so last period was here: T's class. I was actually looking forward to this class, because I hadn't heard from her in awhile.

I entered and saw her sitting at her desk, she didn't seem in a good mood.

When everyone was in the classroom, she closed the door and went to stand at front. "Okay..." she started, she seemed exhausted or tired. I hope this didn't had anything to do with me not being home last night. "Last lesson, we saw the... uhm... Can someone tell me what we learned last lesson?"

Some raised their hands. T motioned to a guy. "We didn't really learn anything here." he said to which everyone laughed.

I sighed deep and shook my head no. I raised my hand, wanting to help T.

"Very funny." she said as she looked around class. "Does anyone else know?" I was shaking my hand a little, getting her attention. "Yes, Leah, I'll be there soon." she said and looked around. "Alright, since no one knows, we'll make some exercises to refresh our memory." she said to which I looked down, I knew the answer. "Take your book page 74 and start making the exercises." she said and walked to me. She knelt down next to me. "What's wrong?"

I looked at her. "I knew the answer to your question."

"Oh ba... Leah, I'm sorry." she said, rubbing her eyes. "Next time I'll let you answer, ok?"

I nodded.

"Try making these exercises now." she said and walked away. I started making them and suddenly T knelt back down next to me. "So for this exercise you start by..." and she was explaining it to me, which was very nice. But I didn't need her help. I could do it. "So, what's the answer going to be then?"

"42."

T nodded. "Correct. So the next one."

"Ba... Miss, I'll be alright."

She looked at me. "Are you sure?"

I sighed, I felt stupid when she said that. It seems as if she was underestimating me. "Yes, very sure." I said and started making the exercises.

"Ok." she said and got up. "Oh I'd like to talk to you after class." she said and walked away. I looked at her, what was that going to be about.

"Someone's in trouble!" Cam silently sang.

I glared at her. "I'm not!" I whisper shouted.

"Duh, it's you. The teacher's pet." Cam said, rolling her eyes. "I'm not worried at all." she said and continued making her exercises.

I looked back at T, she was sitting at her desk, looking down. The truth is, I was worried. What was wrong?