Chapter 4

// thanks guys for reading! Um yeah lol. \\

《Emily's POV》

I thought I succeeded in my death but I didn't. I woke up in a strang room that smelled of hand sanitizer and chemicals meant to clean.

I cracked my eyes open just a smidge to suddenly clasp them shut again.

It hurt. Not only the light but my arm. It felt as if it were on fire. Almost as if there were constant coals against my skin.

"Emily?"

The voice sounded familiar. I just didn't know who it was.

"It's me. Jake. Do you remember me? I really hope you do cause I just saved your life. Um yeah. Please wake up....."

It's him! He destroyed the chance of you leaving this horrible world and actually being forgotten even though no one noticed you! Look what he has done! He has ruined your chance of leaving.......

"Why d-did you s-save m-me? I w-wanted t-to d-die." I croaked.

My voice hurt. I felt so weak. Weaker then I have ever felt even when I am alone at night with no one there to comfort me except my demons.

They were always there. Ready to take over when they wanted. Always telling the lies that I believed and believe today because they are true.

"Oh......I'm sorry to hear that. I guess I'll just leave then."

He sniffle and started to walk away alerting the nerve and saying that I was awake.

"Wait!" I said in a half whisper shout. "Please come back.

He nodded and walked back over. I tried to sit up to see him bit instead just ended up tilting my head.

Something grabbed my hand lightly. It was Jake. He almost seemed to be afraid to squeeze any harder in fear of breaking my hand.

He's so sweet. First saving my life(which I didn't like that much) and then staying until I awoke to make sure I was ok.

I squeezed his hand a little and earned a small smile from him.

"Please don't ever scare me like that again. I really like you and can't bear to see you like this. It really hurts me." He said in a pained voice. "And when your better, I was hoping to get to know you better. Maybe asking for answers about you past?"

I nodded slightly and notices a small hint of pink on his cheeks.

He liked me. The girl that cut and cried herself to sleep. The girl that couldn't drown her demons cause they knew how to swim. The girl who just tried to commit suicide.

The one who was forgotten.