Chapter 7

// sorry not sorry for that thing I did last chapter...... tehehe. Plus, comment some ship names! Well I hope yall enjoy this chapter! \\

《Emily's POV》

It just happened. I had my first kiss. It was amazing. His lips were so soft. He was so gentle.

My heart had literally exploded when the gap closed. I felt warm and fuzzy but also could feel the spark of fire works. I just knew that he was the one.

The sad thing is, his mom ruined the moment. She walked in and smacked Jake upside the head and screamed at me to get out.

He looked at me with the most apologetic look. I could see the amount of hurt in his eyes.

I couldn't do anything. I couldn't move. She smacked me this time and I fell to the floor. I got up grabbed my bag and ran.

Tears streamed down my face as I ran through the house and out the door. I didn't look back.

I couldn't tell where I was. I heard yelling but didn't stop. I didn't realize what was happening until I went over the edge.

I had tumbled into the swampy Lake that sat near his house. What I didn't know is that there were allegators in the lake. Not to metion water snakes, leaches, and fish that could kill.

I swam to the surface of the water and looked around to see the closest way out. I saw it and swam.

I swam harder than ever before. I reached the small beach like area and started to climb out. A sigh of relief washed over me.

I started to walk away when I heard a snap and a splash. I scream as an allegator clamps on to my foot dragging me back into the murky brown water.

"HELP!! SOMEBODY PLEASE!!! HELP ME!! HEEEEELP!!!!"

As I get dragged back into the water I can feel the blood running down my foot and into the allegator's mouth.

I screamed at the top of my lungs. I reluctantly let go because I didn't want to struggle. I was just to weak. I couldn't take it. I let go and quickly got pulled in.

I was almost completely submerged under the water before a strong arm grabbed me and hulled me up. I heard gun shots all around. I help on as best I could although I was weak and had probably lost a lot of blood.

Is this how I'm going to die?

《Jake's POV》

We pulled her out and ended up killing the gator. She looked so weak and fragile. I literally picked her up bridal style and ran up the steep incline up to the top where many people waited.

I set her down and I was immediately pushed away while medics rushed in to look at her injuries. I saw that others where going to go look at the dead gator which loomed at the bottom on the small beach surrounded by a pool of dark crimson blood.

"Come with us buddy. We are gonna need your help getting this gator up to the top."

I nod and follow the strangers to the bottom to inspect the gator.

~layer that evening~

"WHAT THE HELL JAKE!!!!!!! WHY THE HELL DID YOU HAVE A GIRL IN YOUR ROOM?!?!? WHY DID YOU EVEN INVITE HER OVER?!?! YOU KNOW THAT YOU CAN'T HAVE ANYONE OVER BECAUSE YOU ARE FUCKING ADOPTED!!!"

I was cowering in a corner covering my wounds. She had whipped me after I had gotten home. I couldn't help that she was abusive to me. She had done that to the last child that came to her house.

I needed evidence to get her in jail so I had a camera recording everything. Every single whip. Every single punch. Every single smack. And everything offensive that she had said. This was my way of getting out.

This was my last chance to get out........