3| Super Encounters

T H R E E
Lawfully Dysfunctional

I felt a tickle I'm my ear and I shook my head, trying to get the irritating pest to fly off to annoy someone else, but the tickle persisted. I lightly slapped my face to shoo the thing and felt cold cream spread across my face.

'Ah, Freya Carolina once again falls for the classic old trick in the book.' My sisters voice came clearly from my right and I looked up to see her licking the whipped cream off her fingers.

'Go away from here you brat.' I said slowly, wiping the sticky sweet from my face using my hands. I jerked my palms and let the cream fall over my sisters face who whined.

'Mum! Freya is throwing cream around the kitchen.' I narrowed my eyes at my sister who simply gave me a stunning smile and literally skipped away. My mother entered a few minutes later with a disapproving frown plastered across her slightly wrinkled face.

'Freya.' She admonished me and I gasped, dramatically placing a hand over my chest and pointing at the door.

'I dd no such thing! All this was done by Danny-'

'I know, I can see the cream on your hair, that's not what I'm worried about, but I am disappointed that you forgot that you were responsible for today's shopping, this is exactly the reason I don't want you to live alone.' She said. I slapped my head lightly.

'I'm sorry, I forgot! I'll go right away.' I assured her and ran put of the kitchen to the bathroom, since I had already showered and was in no mood to redo the whole process because of Danny, I put my hair under the flowing tap water and scrubbed the shampoo off.

Running down the stairs I took the keys off the doorside hook and sat in the car, turning the engine on I hummed along to a few songs.

The supermarket store was unusually empty for a Sunday and I felt blessed since standing in long lines was torture. I randomly stopped in between aisles to pick up essentials from the list, and froze when I saw Mr. Vanderbilt standing in the que with a trolley in hand.

'Okay, just ignore and walk straight, don't look left or right.' I told myself in a mere whisper.

I untied my pony tail and ruffled my hair enough to let it cover once side of my face, I then plugged both my earphones and pretending like I was texting someone.

All was well for the first five minutes of the wait, but that's when Mr.Vanderbilt turned around and I did the most stupidest thing ever, I ducked.

'Miss Freya,' I heard his velvety voice, 'fancy seeing you here.'

I stood up awkwardly, holding a packet of wafers in my hand that I grabbed off the shelf.

'Mr. Vanderbilt! What a pleasant surprise.' I falsely grinned as his face did not change at all.

'Not really.' He raised an eyebrow at the the wafers. 'Are you sure you should be eating that, it does contain a whole lot of calories.'

That was definitely not the reply I expected, he was acting like one of those stereotypical high school tormentors and any positive feeling I got meeting him flew right out of the imaginary window.

'I'm sure you would know, you might have spent a majority of your life primping up on health drinks and a dietician planned diet.' I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

'I may have, but at least I don't look like a swollen potato.' He snarkily replied and I gasped.

'You're the biggest asshole I have ever seen in my entire life!' I exclaimed. 'Is that how you talk to a lady?'

'A screaming banshee calling herself a lady, extraordinary.' He gave me a tight smile. I was aware that I was being a little judgemental and prissy, but this guy was crossing the limits and needed to be shown his right place.

'Well, at least I'm not like a bag of pampers(yes, I am talking about the diaper brand), self absorbed and full of shit.' I sprouted off the first comeback I could think of from the top of my head, albeit, I agree that the originality and copyright of it could not be assured seeing that I had stolen it off the Internet.

'Comparing me to a diaper is hardly a way for a lady with grace, but like I might have formerly hinted, you have none.' He was speechless, and that was what he thought smart? I wonder how he ever became the successful businessman that he was.

'Aren't you supposed to be some sort of leading business mogul? Why are you wasting this perfectly good Sunday on mediocre chores?' I asked annoyed.

He pushed his trolley further ahead, and waited for the next person to finish up their billing. 'Mediocre? That is categorizing people on how much they earn.'

'That is definitely what I would expect from you.' I commented.

'You don't even know me.' He frowned.

'I know your type though.' I rolled my eyes.

'Well, I think you should get your head out of cliche romance books, because I assure you, it's never going to happen with an abomination like you.' I felt my temper rise.

'Excuse me?' I harshly whispered.

'You're excused.' He looked ahead and left me mulling over various ideas to kill him. This is the second time he made me feel like the bad one as he had a knack for making me furious.

I watched as he quietly unloaded his cart. Frozen chicken, peas, celery, tomatoes and a few exotic spices was definitely on his menu for tonights dinner.

My grocery was placed in bags pretty quick and I hauled it to the backseat of my car. A shiny car revved past mine and the windows rolled down to reveal Mr. Vanderbilt who admittedly looked decently handsome with aviators perched on the bridge of his nose, or maybe it was just the beauty of his Prado.

He smirked before he commented, 'I think it's time my car went for servicing don't you think?'

I didn't get a chance to reply to that random comment because I was shown the reason before I could open my mouth, seeing that a cloud of black smoke was puffed on my face.

I kept cursing till his car disappeared from my view, it would be better for him if he didn't cross my apart anytime soon, cause he was going to get a earful, hot billionaire or not.

------*-------

A/N: This chapter is being posted after so long! I had an idea in my mind but I wasn't sure about it, and then I forgot and all that jazz *smiles sweetly* So how was it?

Likey?

READ. VOTE. COMMENT

(And definitely tell me if you would like another chapter, my motivation is you wonderful people's support ;))

~Queen