THE FUTURE OF Dimitri and Freya

NOT JUST AN AUTHORS NOTE

As the title and my status update has already made it know to all of you, I'm discontinuing Lawfully Dysfunctional. This was one of the first stories I started on wattpad(the first if we're not counting the fanfics I've taken down), and it will always have special place in my heart. This story left the station to reach another destination, but found itself somewhere completely different.

I've been struggling to finish this story for a long time now, and while initially I thought that I could pull through and finish it off, I just recently realised that I can't force myself to write something that I don't enjoy anymore.

I have a habit of never writing my stories in the correct order, so I had a few scenes that I had already typed out and thought that it would be cruel to both you and my characters to leave their fate hanging. This isn't a chapter, but rather a brief about everything that happens after the last proper chapter I uploaded. Via this you can see how Dimwit and Freya ended up and even small parts of their story written out with detail.

Thank you for supporting this story so much and patiently waiting for those rare updates.

Something is better than nothing, enjoy xx

AUTHORS NOTE ENDS HERE
_____*____

Dimitri is embarrassed by his behaviour and tries to ignore Freya for days, but her insistence and their entwined fates ultimately ended up clashing and she teased him about his drunken persona that was so much better than his usual grumpy self. Dimitri agrees to try and be her friend and they go to a shooting range together, where Freya as usual can't help herself and shoots all over the place, almost hitting Dimwit.

Soon after Freya gets a call that there has been a major company deal that went wrong due to leaked information and she is immediately required for questioning since she was new and often seen around employee's of Dimitri's company. She pleads her case but Eloise ends up suspending her temporarily since all the evidence points towards her. That incident puts her on a blacklist and she doesn't get hired anywhere for an internship, Dimitri wanted to offer her a job in his company but was afraid that it would only mean more trouble and suspicion for her. The attraction between them is strong, so our dearest Dimwit asks Freya out on a date to which she agrees, but it ends up being an awkward affair so they settle on being friends. The true mole in Eloise's company is found out and she rehires Freya, who decides instead to quit her company and join Dimitri's as its bigger and had more opportunities for the legal section she was focussing on.

While Eloise is upset that her rival got "a good worker", she gives her a recommendation letter and promises to make sure her name isn't blacklisted anymore. Freya's initial days at Dimwits office are hard, but she meets up with Scott and the two of them enjoy together.

Freya and Dimwit have a close moment where they decide that they should try going on another date, which goes much better than the first. On the date Freya gets to know about Damien, Dimitri's seven year old son.

SCENE 0

'Fear runs deeper than swords.' I told him, and immediately my mind was full of images of a battlefield, men riding on horses and wielding their weapons.

'You've read Game of Thrones?' He asked me, looking a little shocked. My head automatically started nodding without my permission even though I had never read or seen the Game of Thrones series and it was too late to take back the nod and not look like a complete fool.

'It's surprising really, I didn't take you to be the Game of Thrones type.' He said genuinely. I wondered what he meant by that, was it an insult or just a simple comment.