24| Elegantly Wasted

TWENTY-FOUR
Lawfully Dysfunctional

Twenty minutes into my conversation with Scott I realised that I was keeping him from his date for the evening, a pretty girl who worked with him in the marketing department. I raised my eyebrows at him when she wrapped her hand around his biceps and gave him a peck on his cheek, while giving me untrusting looks.

Scott blushed, whispering something in her ear that made her blush. He said a goodbye and walked to the other side of the room leaving me alone. Ah, young love.

Dimitri was not sitting at the bar anymore, so I shrugged and decided to explore the interiors of the huge mansion, even though I wasn't sure we were allowed to. The paintings on the wall were old and looked expensive, the house gave off a vintage vibe that didn't look overly done or forced. I wasn't really looking where I was walking, so it wasn't a surprise when I bumped into someone.

'I'm so sorry!' My immediate reaction was to put my hands out incase the guy needed help to steady himself. He looked up, and with my amazing luck, it was Dimwit.

'This is where you disappeared off too!' I exclaimed. His eyes looked shiny, and a little confused. His posture for once wasn't prim and proper, and he was making faces that sober Mr. Vanderbilt probably never would have.

'Are you drunk?' I asked, stifling a laugh.

'I thought I could hold my alcohol, but apparently moo?'

'Moo?'

'You're a cow, yee haw!' He giggled. I started laughing hysterically, unable to control the snorts slipping in due to the intensity of my laughter. My eyes were watery and my stomach started to hurt, especially when I saw that he had a childlike frown on his face seeing me in such animated laughter.

'Do you really want your business associates to see you like this?' I asked him, trying to control myself.

'You hair is so pretty.' He played with my carefully made hair.

'Hey! Don't touch the goods!'

'But you're so bad.' He frowned again. I pursed my lips and gave him a disbelieving stare.

I looked around for a place to hide him away, but the only rooms nearby were the washrooms. He could easily be discovered in the men's room and there way no way I was going to risk my reputation by trying to keep him in there, so the second best idea had to suffice.

~•~

'I need to pee.' The empty ladies stall that we had locked ourselves into was too small to stand in comfortably.

'Well control it.' I ordered him, but he didn't seem to listen to me, or he didn't care because he had already started to unzip his pants. 'Dimwit don't.'

But he ignored me. His hand reached for his important male anatomy and I spun on the balls of my feet.

The tinkling sound of his urine hitting the toilet bowl had me making faces in disgust.

'You're disgusting.'

'I'm diss-gush? That's not my name is it?' I face palmed, I couldn't help myself. I started to curse my luck, which I had thought was finally on my side. Being invited to the Faltom party was supposed to be a plus of working directly under Elise, not the opposite!

I felt my body being pushed to the right and I put my hand out to stop myself from hitting my head on the stalls wall. Dimwit was trying very hard to turn the knob, but due to his drunken stupor he was turning it the wrong way.