13| Through The Stomach

T H I R T E E N
Lawfully Dysfunctional

I couldn't help it, I let out a scream. A loud one while simultaneously swatting the thing away from me. It was a reflex action and I felt the hand clasp tightly around my wrist.

'Can you not?' Mr. Vanderbilt asked.

'You were supposed to search the right wall!' I exclaimed into the darkness, my pacing heart had yet not slowed down to a leisurely walk, the aftermath of a great shock.

'I am on my right.' It was only then I realised that our technique was not well though of, we both didn't know the side we were facing.

'You should have explained everything in a better way.' I admonished.

'You should have understood.' The hand around my wrist felt warm and I jerked my hand to pull it away from the jerk.

'And keep your hands to yourself next time.' I huffed.

'Get over yourself, I'd rather go kiss a monkey than be anywhere near you. You are the one who succumbed to violently hitting my hand away.'

'Reflex.' I defended myself.

'Reflex.' He repeated in a low murmur. I heard a soft "click" sound and we were all of a sudden surrounded by light, I saw Dimwit with his finger placed on a switch.

'Atlast the light falls upon our holy land.' I said in a solemn voice.

'You're weird.' He looked at me, removing his jacket and hanging it over a box that was on the floor.

'I know.' I simply replied. The hear in the room was killing me, without any fan, air conditioning or even a window for ventilation, the suffocation was unbearable. Deli and Marc had not actually applied their brain to take care of this situation, I was sure of it and thus they were going to get a earful from me.

I wondered if I should have been the bigger person ad spoken to hin, but seeing his sealed lips, I dismissed that thought and instead took to snooping around the storage room.

'Who's this?' I asked him, holding up the photograph in my hand that had a presumably younger version of him with a man and a girl about his height. He smiled faintly before glaring at me.

'Can you not fidget with my things?' He asked.

'As soon as you tell me who this is!'

'My father and my siblings.'

'Woah, I would gave mistaken your brother for a you.' He "harumped" in response. I didn't see any other conversation coming from his side, so I streched my legs and sat comfortably on the floor.

A few hours(or more like sixty minutes later), whispers were heard on the other side. They were first low, but then they grew louder and it was easier to make out a few words like "store room", "let" and "out" and those word were more than enough for Dimwit and I to leap to our feet and stand close, listening.

The door unlocked and I rejoiced in my head, I pushed the door open which caused the two Littons to exclaim out loud.

'You idiots! I could have died.' I said dramatically. 'There wasn't enough air to share and I could see the light steadily approaching my eyes, there to take me away.' At this, all of then rolled their eyes.

'We were in the living room all along, we aren't crazy to lock the two of ya'll up, leave the house and come back to a dead body.' I pushed Deli in playful anger. Dimwit was talking to Marc in hushed tones, but I could see his anger clearly.

'What made you decide to let us out?' I questioned.

'We got bored of waiting, and we have an early start tomorrow.' She shrugged.

'Can I sleep now?'

'Go ahead.' Dimwit turned to Deli and gave her a disappointed smile, as if he expected better from her despite barely knowing her. I slid into bed of my assigned room and pulled the covers over my head.

By the time I woke up it was already late and we settled for watching a movie that suited everyone's likes on the confortable squishy couch that was placed centrally in the hall. We all curled up with blankets over us, and watching Dimwit doing the same was a funny sight.

The two of us kept out of each others way atleast till the the next morning when I had decided to make breakfast for everyone.

'I love you Frey, your pancakes, rolls and bacon sandwiches are absolutely delicious.' Marc said, biting into the scrumptious meal that I had cooked up. I wasn't one usually for self praise, but damn, the way the butter was sliding of by each second, and the steam and aroma that was rising out of fresh bacon would make anybody's mouth water.

A little while later Dimwit cane down the stairs, his brown hair sticking up I various directions. With a shake of his head the hair settled over his forehead, but that too made him look gorgeous.

'So is it good?' Delilah asked smirking, the expression on his face was one of pure bliss.

'This is amazing, I never knew you could cook this well, I may just hire you as my chef!' Dimwit exclaimed and I felt a smile creep onto my face at the compliment directed unintentionally towards me,

'It's rather sad that she doesn't really cook though isn't it?' I casually leaned against the counter.

'Have you tasted this?' He raised a dark eyebrow.

'Ofcourse I have.'

'Then looks like it is not only your brain that is damaged.' He took another bite.

'Don't insult the cook, I may just add poison next time.' I winked at his stupified expression.

'You made this?'

'That's what I hinted at, didn't I?' I saw the fork dip back into the bowl and pause, as if he was contemplating whether or not eating was a safe choice. He looked up at me and watched me carefully for a second before shrugging and continuing to eat it anyway.

'It could actually do with a little more salt, and I think that the bacon is a burnt. Tastes like ash, it's very dry.' He said, still chewing. I narrowed my eyes at the back of his head and made a move to take the plate of food from in front of him but he grabbed my hand and released it, stopping me.

'I don't like food going waste.' He asserted.

'It won't go waste, I'll eat it, even though it apparently tastes like ash.' I mocked his usage of words.

'No really, I've been taught to eat everything on my plate.'

'I'm sure no one will feel bad.' I tried to take the plate again.

'I can't sacrifice my values.' He stressed on the word "my". He quickly gobbled up the food and took it to the sink to wash it. Marc had finished his food and gone somewhere but Delilah looked at with a grin.

___________*__________

A/N: Nobody can drag me down!

Sorry! I couldn't help but put that in, for some reason I was hearing Drag Me Down while writing this chapter...

Your love makes me want to update, so here's one more chapter for y'all!

Until later,
JoE