23| Clothing War

TWENTY-THREE
Lawfully Dysfunctional

'Party time!' Delilah wiggled her hands like a snake and rocked her hips to the imaginary music track.

'Yore turning me into a Partyholic.' I groaned lying across her soft bed. She jumped on the bed next to me but yelped when she accidentally hit her boob on the remote.

'Ouch!' She complained.

'Get ready faster, I'm not in the mood to drive and I don't trust your skills, so Marc is our only hope.' She sent an icy glare in my direction that compelled me to blow her a kiss.

'Bitch.'

'You know you love me, XOXO.'

'Gossip Girl.' She conspiratorially finished, making us erupt in a fit of giggles.

'Are you sure you want to wear that dress though?' She asked me once we were done.

'Obviously, don't I look decent for a change.' I twirled with a pout.

'Sure, Dimitri will feast his eyes.' She joked.

'He's going to be there?' I asked eagerly, but at the same time nervous. The last time I met him I put itching powder in his shoes and he swore to get back at me for that.

'Someone's an eager beaver.' Deli smirked.

'I want to ask him how did his meeting go.' I rolled my eyes.

'And also to get into your pants?' I hit her boob with the remote that formerly assaulted her and changed the topic. 'Now tell me what's wrong with the dress.'

'It's freezing outside.' She informed me.

'I'll be fine, I truly believe I have werewolf blood in me.' I winked.

*****

'You must be cold.' I shivered, sending a stink eye towards the man who killed Sir Chivalry. I had arrived at the venue about an hour ago, and Dimwit had entered shortly after, making an immediate beeline to the bar and then the below the oak tree where I stood. Delilah's predictions had come true, and I did indeed desperately need a jacket or some sort of cover.

I had dressed to impress in a red, shoulderless knee length dress that made heads turn as I walked by. But now as I stood by the tree freezing my arse out I regretted my decision thoroughly.

'I am, very.' I said through chattering teeth as I envied him for his suit. The corner of his mouth twitched and turned away, probably so that I couldn't see his suddenly uplifted mood.

'Well, aren't you going to offer me your jacket?' I asked him impatiently, tapping my left foot rapidly.

'And freeze to death myself? That would be highly improbable.' He smirked.

'You insufferable jerk!' I spat annoyed.

'I know, I am aren't I? I rather like myself like this.' He now faced me. The smirk on his face made my blood boil and my body warm up ever so slightly.

Atleast he had some use.

'Give me that jacket.'

'Are you asking or demanding?'