Epilogue: 2

'Fifi! Theo and Myra are messing up my hair.' Damien entered the room with a frown on his face that resembled his father's. I knew that Damien too held the same air of arrogance around him that his father used to flaunt, but he made a special effort to keep it toned down around me, probably realising that his mother would give him another one of her famous, amazing, inspirational speeches that would make him forget his own.

And that would be disastrous.

'Tell those brats that they aren't five anymore and they'll get an arse whipping if they make my baby boy upset.' I conspiratorally cooed, purposely stressing on the two terms to somewhat embarrass him.

'Can you say that again so that I can record it?' He fumbled, trying to grasp the phone with his hand and open the recorder as quickly as he could. I lovingly smiled at him and placed my hand on his right cheek.

'No.'

'Fifi!' He whined, sounding similar to the eleven year old him who wanted an ice cream as soon as possible(that boy was crazy for sugared food) or the sixteen year old him who didn't want me to show his girlfriend his baby pictures that I had acquired from Dimitri with ease.

'Atleast try to act your age sweety, you're getting married tomorrow.' I suggested playfully.

'I will if you will.' He stuck his tongue out at me and I caught it with ease. I had years and years if practice, he ought to have learnt that by now.

'It was worth a try.' I shrugged laughing. My hair was done up in an elegant chignon and my dress was a modest blue cocktail dress. I felt old. Soon Damien would have children of his own whom I could claim as my grandchildren, and then they would have children and then their children would have children. My eyes teared up, my menopause was giving pregnant women a run for their money.

'I'll go get your father.'

'Please don't.' Damien begged me with wide eyes. 'Dad has been giving me married life advice ever since I announced my engagement, I'm not sure I would be able to handle any more.' I laughed, wiping the tears from my eyes.

'Fine.' I exited the room and started to check if everything for the rehearsal dinner was set, because I had put that responsibility on my two beautiful, extremely forgetful daughters. I saw them running around the place, checking if the table was set as per the standards of the brides family. Their high maintainence was only tolerable because of their equal amount of kindness and my future daughter-in-law.

I had yearned to carry children in my womb, but I was unable to. The PCOD that had been there throughout my teenage and part of adult life had rendered me infertile, but when Dimwit told me we could adopt as many children as I liked, I accepted my fate and brought Lucy and Cornelia, twins by birth, into our life and haven't been dissapointed since.

'What are you thinking about?' Dimwit appeared behind me and kissed my cheek, his hand firmly wrapped around my body.

'Just about how much our children have grown up, soon Lucy and Myra will fly away from the nest and find boys to marry-'

'That's not going happen for atleast a few years.' I heard him huff, angered at the thought of his precious girls being associated with any man.

'They are already teenagers, it's only a matter of time till they fall in love.' I reasoned.

'So? Doesn't make a difference to me.' He stubbornly replied. 'They aren't going to date till they are atleast thirty.'

'And then die unmarried virgins with ninety-nine cats?'

'They are angels, I'm sure they'll get boys at the age I approve.' He confidently informed me.

'You do know that Lucy is dating our neighbour right?' I asked him with a smirk on my face, and then covered my mouth with one hand and eyes wide. She had begged me to not tell Dimwit because he would raise an issue, and I did it on her brothers rehearsal dinner, wonderful. Dimwit saw my shocked expression and narrowed his eyes at me, before letting out a short laugh.

'I know.'

'What?' I was stunned. I would have expected atleast an hours worth of the "you're not old enough" speech, but nothing?

'She's been sneaking around and doing all her chores properly so that you don't find out.' I fanned my face. 'Do not tell her that you know.'

'Relax, I've already put Delilah on being the cool aunt who she can talk to about her relationships and boy problems.' He shrugged, but I could see the hard set lines on his face.

I placed a gentle kiss on his cheek and then pulled the same spot with all my force.

'Freya!' He grumbled, pulling my hands away.

'Oh shut up Dimwit.' I rolled my eyes. 'I'm not that strong. Now let's go see our son start a new chapter of his life.'

~THE END~

Yes! They had another child who they named Lucy ;)