10| Dimwit

T E N
Lawfully Dysfunctional

After the mess was cleaned up by the janitor who was luckily sweet enough to not do much apart from giving me a very dirty glare, and after I explained to my boss the reason why I attempted(very poorly) to throw my food on one of their business rivals, I was free to leave the office and go home.

The rest of my week was boring, delightfully uneventful and rather satisfying. On multiple occasions I wished to just drop all the work and jump into the inviting swimming pool owned by my neighbour, the days were hot and long since it was in the middle of summer, a time in which your best choice would be to sit at home naked and in the comforts of home where lemon ice tea was available at the mere call of your voice. That is if your mother wasn't in a bad mood.

I heard my door bell ring, and I fell off the sofa where I was resting and watching the last Harry Potter movie, tears steaming down my eyes. The end was always the best.

On the other side of the door stood Delilah, my traitorous best friend who I was still having a cold war with. I leaned against the door and stopped the smile from creeping onto my face when I saw that she had a tray of delicious looking cookies in her hand.

They were not made by her, I was sure, and more than that I hoped. The last time I ate chunky cookies from her hand I thought I was going to end up in the hospital with diabetes.

'I come in peace.' She announced.

'Are all of those for me?' I looked at her suspiciously.

'Each and every one of them.' I didn't say anything, but kicked my open main door a little wider. She bounced into my house.

'Hand them over.' I put my hand forward but she held onto the box tightly.

'First tell me you forgive me.' She sang.

'I forgive you, now cookies.' I demanded. I happily sat eating it and she looked a little hesitant, looking to broach the topic she came to me for.

'Will you come for the weekend trip?' She pleaded, jutting her lower lip out.

'I'm not going anywhere with Dimwit.'

'Dimwit?' Delilah's asked amused.

'Well, Dim from his name, and he thinks that he is witty and hilarious, so I merely mashed the words together to form something that describes him perfectly, Dimwit.' I crossed my arms and shrugged.

'What if he apologised to you?'

'You and I both know that is not going to happen.' I snorted.

'You're both stubborn fools.' She mumbled and I glared at her.

'I want you there and Marc wants Dimitri, why can't ya'll put your differences aside.' Deli sighed.

'He tripped me onto the grass!'

'You spilled his drink on his pants.'

'He revved his engine on my face.' I flipped the channel.

'You seem to keep forgetting that you're the one who mistook him for a waiter in the first place.' She tried to cut this argument short.

'Are you my friend or his?'

'I'm the best friend of the vacation that is awaiting me tomorrow. This is the longest weekend that we get off and I would like to utilise it to the fullest with people I like. So you know what, you don't get a choice. I informed Mr. Palmer and he had given you permission, I'll go pack your bags.' She smiled sweetly.

'You'll actually pack my bags?' I asked. The trip couldn't be that bad, there would be a clean lake, a beach and loads of time to relax under the shade, why pass the opportunity up, although we would be staying in his house, it could be an excellent way to ruffle his feathers, assuming that he was a neat freak. Sure looked like the type, poised and perfect.

'No, you're going to pack, I'll supervise. But does this mean that after one week of silence you've finally agreed?' I could see her excitement rising.

'Sure, on one condition.'

'Anything.' She cheered.

'You have to help me pack my bags.' She stilled.

'We both know how that's going to end up, you'll be eating while I'll be the one doing the actual work.' She denied.

'Pretty please!' It was my turn to beg, I absolutely despised packing. 'You said anything, and I couldn't see the last part of my movie because of you.'

We bantered and did some negotiating till we reached a decision thy made both of us happy, more me than her but she couldn't complain.

'I don't know how I'm going to bear him for four days.'

Deli smirked. 'Who knows, you two may just develop the hots for each other.'

'The chance of that happening is zero to none.'

'He's not that bad.' She teased. 'I know that your weakness is dimples and he's got a gorgeous pair.'

'That doesn't sound like a description for dimples.' I raised an eyebrow. 'But I can imagine the two of you being a power couple, despite him being intolerable.'

'It's funny how ya'll have the same usage of words for each other.' She stuck her tongue out.

'Power couple?'

'Nope. Intolerable, annoying, despicable, irritating and so on and so forth.'

___________*___________

Early Updates!

We need it to keep the tension and all the other feelings about this day away don't we? (9th November)

READ, VOTE AND COMMENT, make this person smile :)