6| Still Get Jealous

S I X
Lawfully Dysfunctional

I was pretty quiet, speaking only when spoken to. I watched Marc and Deli interact with Mr. Vanderbilt who had a long list of Marc's embarrassing actions and one line jokes that were funny. This day was supposed to be my day to relax with my friends, but he hijacked the evening.

I sullenly took another sip of my almost finished drink and was surprised to see it full to the brim. I stared at it and then looked around suspicious of the kind man. I was not stupid, accepting a drink from a stranger was a complete no-no.

'Aren't you going to drink that Freya?' A broad smile took over my face and I almost jumped onto Mason, the bar owner and my dearest friend. He was my "boss", not that anyone treated him like one. He was like that one cool teacher that let you do whatever you want as long as he or she didn't get into trouble.

'I don't know, is it drugged?' I smiled.

'It might be, you never know.' His eyes sparkled with mischief.

'Then I don't think I should take a chance.' I yawned.

'That's fine too.' He was about to take a sip from my glass when I snatched it put of his hand.

'Don't be a thief, Mase.' I mumble into my glass and he laughed, playfully ruffling my hair.

'Do you want to tend the bar for a while? Get a little normalcy back into your life.' He offered.

'Trying to make me work for free?' I questioned.

'You caught me!' He put his hands up in the air.

'I would love to.'

I saw Deli and Mr. Vanderbilt deep in a conversation, so I sat on the table and swung my legs to get down on the other side. I told Mase to get my heels the other side, and I safely kept them under the table.

Familiar people walked up to order a drink and were happy to see their favorite bartender in place. Though a bar, this was a popular hang out for young adults and people in their twenties to relax.

Mr. Vanderbilt appeared in front of my face.

'Either order something or move to the side.' I folded my arms in front of my chest when I saw him standing in front of me for quite some time.

'Well, then I'll have a Bloody Mary.' He raised an eyebrow at my sass. I don't think anyone before might have spoken to him the way I do, but people need to start. This man thinks he is gods greatest creation.

I quickly made his drink and gave it to him. There was nothing to keep me busy since the club wasn't very crowded, so I started to dry the glasses and hang them up in their places while Deli was nowhere to be found and Marc was busy chatting with some random girl who he apparently knew. But I had my doubts.

I looked at the empty bottle on the counter and threw it into the bin, removing a fresh one from the cupboard I turned away.

'It's nice to have you back here, even if it's only for today.' Mason smiled.

'It's nice being back here, this has literally been my second home.' I sighed.

'A bar?' Mr. Vanderbilt asked surprised.

'Yes.' I threw him a cold glare.

'Relax!' He lazily raised his arms in the air. 'It was just a question.'