8| Sam?

E I G H T
Lawfully Dysfunctional

Needless to say that I silently stormed my way inside my house, with wide eyes and a sore arse. It might have been better if Delilah had helped me, but all that traitorous best friend of mine did was laugh and then tell Marc to drive away who did so rather hesitantly.

If she thought I was going to talk to her and be her friend after that, she had another thing coming.

I pulled of my heels that luckily didn't snap and threw myself on the bed, screaming into the pillow that muffled my outraged cry. Dimitri Vanderbilt was keeping count, but if he was adamant to continue I think that it was better if we gave him something that didn't leave him enough fingers to count on. The only problem was that I didn't know how to archive that and I would need to take help from my criminal mastermind Marc, who was the targets friend.

My brain and body was tired due to the days events and I thought it a better plan to continue quenching this thirst for revenge some other day.

'Morning!' My mothers voice chirped in my ear, and I pulled the blanket over my head to block her out.

'Let me sleep.' I groaned, my words barely understandable.

'But Freya, it's already eight! Don't you have to go to work?' Her voice asked me concerned. I sprang up from my bed and held the bed post as I steadied my dizzy mind. I ran into the bathroom and saw my mother roll her eyes, telling me that breakfast was ready whenever I was.

I wondered why my stupid alarm didn't ring like it was supposed to. After a quick shower and other morning necessities I changed and checked my clock to see how late I was. Or apparently I wasn't.

Digital numbers glowed six-thirty in blue and I almost fell back onto my bed. The only reason I didn't was because the smell of sweet pancakes entered my nostrils and I had to eat them.

Although I did have a lot of time, I thought that it wouldn't hurt to be early for one day, so I left towards the subway and was pleasantly surprised to see Sam walking into the train.

'Sam!' I shouted, but he didn't seem to hear me, I repeated unsuccessfully.

I tapped his shoulder when he was in my arms range, he looked surprised.

'Hey Sam!' I was slightly breathless.

'You were calling me?' He asked amused and I rolled my eyes.

'Yes?' I asked confused.

'My names is Scott.' I felt my cheeks familiar burning, the red may be slowly seeping outward in embarrassment.

'I'm sorry, I'm really bad with remembering names.' I smiled, hoping to brush it off casually.

'That's alright Freya.' I has no doubt that he took my name on purpose. 'So how come our schedules clashed today? I haven't seen you on the subway before at this time, unless you tried to call out to me using some other name?' He poked fun at my mistake.

'My mother kind of woke me up extra early, so I thought why not?' I shrugged. We both got a seat next to each other and chatted about random topics and I was surprised to hear that he worked in the building right next to mine. It was owned by some sort of rich old man who had way too much money to spend and his son, who according to Scott, was a rude arrogant man.

I enjoyed talking to Scott and we exchanged numbers with something similar to the promise of a date. He didn't outright ask me, but I knew what the underlying question was. We then parted, barely a few meters from our destinations to enter our respected buildings. I smiled, maybe a little too much because I could see my fellow co-workers making way for me, probably trying to stay away from happy energy that would break through their hard, pristine exterior.

As soon as I sat down on my desk a mountain of empty files were dumped on my desk and I was told to label each one of them before lunch time. I set to work but soon got bored and decided to venture out into the office, mostly where people were sparse and scattered as I didn't want to get into trouble.

For some reason I felt like the James Bond title track playing in the background would be really cool at that moment, but that was just a fleeting thought before I heard the loud ring of a telephone piercing the silence.

I inched towards the phone when I saw that no one was around and while I debated whether or not I should pick the phone up seeing that it was in the department I was working, the ringing stopped. But then it started again.

'Paragon's Legal Department, may I know who is speaking?' I asked, clutching the receiver tightly.

'Dimitri Vanderbilt, interim CEO of Carson and Co.'

-----*-----

A/N: I truly apologise if this was a crappy chapter. It's about 1am here and I have to wake up extra early tomorrow morning, so I'm pretty much screwed.

The next chapter will hopefully be better, so stay tuned with the updates and I'll try my best to stick to the fictional schedule.

~Queen