First Encounter

It was your first day going to your new junior high, Kunugigoaka. You quickly began to pack up your things into your book bag while munching on your breakfast (or also known as a piece of toast). You were running extremely late  due to the fact that your alarm clock hadn't gone off when it needed to.

"I'm gonna be friggin late!" You muffled out as you slipped on your shoes. You waved goodbye to your mother and raced out the door while munching faster on the piece of toast in your mouth.

You frantically looked around as you were getting ready to cross the street, when you saw a car coming you quickly stopped yourself from crossing and watched the car come closer.

Your eyes suddenly widened as you saw a blue haired boy cross the street with the car nearing him.

You quickly ran over to him as quickly as you could and tackled him out of the way of the car, just in time. You landed on top of the boy a little harshly but you quickly shook off the pain on your knees.

"You okay?!" You asked worriedly as you stared down at the blue-haired boy. The boy slightly blushed because of how close your face was but he quickly replied with a small, "Hai."

You sighed relieved and got off the boy, standing up. You held out a hand towards him to help him up and he gladly took it.

"So why did you cross the street when there was a freaking car coming?!" You yelled at him as you shook him back and forth. He sweatdropped and nervously smiled.

"Ehhh, well firstly I didn't see the car and secondly I was running late for class," he explained. You raised and eyebrow curiously and then widened your eyes.

"Oh my glob! I'm running late also, but I totally forgot!" You screamed as you picked up your book bag from the ground and was about to run, when a hand clasped around your wrist.

You spun around to see the blue-haired boy slightly blushing.

"What's your name so I know the person who saved me?" He asked a little shyly as he stared down at the sidewalk.

"(L/N) (Y/N), you can just call me (Y/N)," you stated with a smile that caused Nagisa to blush a darker shade of red.

"Shiota Nagisa, but you can call me Nagisa," he stated with a small smile. You grinned at him as he released your wrist and then spun on your heals.

"Well hope we meet again Nagisa-kun," you chirped as you quickly dashed off. Nagisa watched you leave and then quickly raced after you.

You were running pretty fast but since Nagisa was a learning assassin he caught up to you quickly.

"*pant* how *pant* did you *pant* catch up to me so quickly?" You asked through pants as you jogged next to Nagisa. He shrugged his shoulders and smiled.

"Just tried hard to catch up to you," he chuckled softly. You giggled but then felt a sharp pain flow across your body. You searched for the source of pain and then remembered that you had scraped your knees in the process of saving Nagisa.

Nagisa stared at you for a moment and then noticed your bloodied knees.

"G-Gomenasai!" He quickly exclaimed loudly as he slightly bowed at you. You raised and eyebrow and giggled.

"It's okay. This isn't the first time I've scraped my knees before," you reassured him as you reached the school. You then realized that Nagisa had been following you so you turned to him and asked, "Wait a minute didn't you say you were running late too? If that's so then why did you follow me to my school?"

He raised and eyebrow and pointed at Kunugigoaka Junior High school.

"That's my school," he stated as he walked towards the entrance gates. Your eyes widened as you quickly followed after him through the gates.

"Oh well I'm new here," you explained as you shyly twiddled with your fingers.

"Oh..you nervous?" he asked as he raised an eyebrow at you. You quickly nodded and stared down at the ground shyly.

"I just hope I fit in okay with everyone else in 3-A," you mumbled as you fiddled with your fingers. Nagisa quickly turned to you with widened eyes, and his mouth gaped.

"Wait! Your in class 3-A?!?" He exclaimed loudly. You nodded your head slowly as you walked towards the main campus while Nagisa was heading for a very steep hill.

"Why does it matter?" You asked as you raised an eyebrow. Nagisa turned to you and frowned as he stared down at the floor.

'Why does he seem so down and depressed that I'm in 3-A?' you thought, waiting for an answer from Nagisa. You began to tap your foot against the ground, quickly snapping Nagisa out of his train of thought.

"W-Well, I'm in class 3-E and.....3-A always look down on us like we're all useless and dangerous. They always tease us about us being in the lowest class with the lowest grades," Nagisa mumbled as he stared down sadly.

You frowned and walked closer to Nagisa, placing a hand on his shoulder softly.

"Hey, that's them, not me. I would never tease you guys like that," You promised as you placed one of your hands on top of your heart. Nagisa smiled at you and then spun on his heals, walking up the steep hill.

You smiled to yourself and then raced off to your first class.