An Intro, I Guess (oh dammit not anther AU)

It is said that seven minutes after death, the human soul is pushed into a land of their own desire, to relive their best memories, finish what they wished they started, and to be truly happy. Well, it is only seven minutes in the real world, but in that isolated state the soul is in, it seems like a life time. Who's to say that we're not dead right now? What if all our lives we've been living in a time warp, an illusion of our passing souls' deepest wishes or dreams? How can we tell? As an associate in helping all souls through purgatory, I say to you, that no one can really tell, but then again, who knows? I might be terribly wrong.

My name, is Robin. Robin Finch. I work for the keeper of Purgatory and Limbo, making sure that every soul gets what they deserve, and is sent where they need to go. Now, most people probably think that Heaven is a place where all do-gooders are welcomed into large pearly gates, and where everyone lives in halo-wearing harmony together in the clouds, but they are all incorrect. The after life is a complicated construct of locations and time loops, each and every one having a different intricate purpose. First there are the different levels of hell, such as Treachery, Angst, Limbo in some cases. Next, there are The Tests, where souls are put at trial to see if they are ready to move on from their past lives. Lastly, there is Purgatory, where I work. Purgatory is a place where souls who have unfinished business are placed until we can find out what to do with them. It is a rarity for us to reincarnate someone so they can fulfill their needs, but it happens sometimes. Most of the time, we help them through their issues, by initiating them into a false reality, where time is construed, so they can do as they please.
Hence, the theory behind seven minutes.
Here, the society believes that everybody deserves a second chance, but reincarnation is a lengthy process, and the second time on Earth doesn't necessarily go so well. With the help of our false reality, the lost soul will think they lived their version complete life, so when hey enter Heaven, they will have no regrets.
I for one, totally agree with that speculation the society has put forward. People do deserve a second chance, but don't need to know that their 'second chance' was just a simulation. Everything will be under control, and as it should be.
Some individuals don't agree with the idea the society has built. They think that humans should live their lives, and no matter how long or short, how tedious or how miraculous, they should be able to accept what has happened and move on. Or, in other words, be judged with absolutely no hope of a second chance, no simulations.
These renegades are run by June, one of the keepers of time. They don't have a name, but everyone calls them The Pacifists. This group of outlaws are made up of many other worldly creatures, either banished from Heaven or escaped from Hell. There are fallen angels, ghosts, ghasts, poltergeists, and even some Angels. People think they wouldn't be able to enter some realms of the after life, but it will surprise you how far people will go to get their point across. The society has been on high alert for a while, but ever since The Incident in Limbo, The Pacifists have been scarce. We're starting to commence normal procedures again, just like time before they came into existence. Hopefully, they gave up, but I wouldn't want to get too comfortable.

"His name is Manny Gribbleston. He died at the age of 11. House fire," I reported to Rai.
They hummed and nodded, making a circle with their wrists to tell me I may continue.
"You see..." I brushed my green hair out of my face. "Since the subject died so young, I-I was wondering if maybe we can-"
"Wondering if you could reincarnate him?" They cut me off, shifting in their chair.
I nodded curtly, holding my hands in front of me.
"Robin...you know I like you. You've been such a great apprentice, and I really hope I don't offend you when I say no." Rai spoke in a calm tone. They surely weren't selling the fact that they actually liked me.
I frowned, fidgeting with the collar of my brown jacket. "But protocol says-"
"I know what protocol says," they cut me off again, shooting me a stern glare.
I tightened my lips, and stood up straight. I knew better than to defy Rai's rules. After all, they did have the power to get me fired. Yeah. Rai is my supervisor.
"And I'm here to inform you that there is a new rule..." They started. "Abaven has told me that we are only allowed to reincarnate if the death was not to be. And it says right here, on your subject's file that the death was fortold," they put one coffee-coloured porcelain hand on the edge of the document, sliding it back over to me.
I furrowed my brow, picking it up and hastily flipping through the pages.Unfortunately, my bitch of a supervisor was right. In the bottom left corner of his document, was the small word written in red ink. I lowered it, staring Rai right in their stupid green eyes.
"B-But...that's unfair!! He died so young...!!"
Rai shrugged, sitting back down and playing with a paper weight on their desk.
"Life is unfair Robin. Don't tell me about it, talk to her people in the stop watch department," they waved me off with one hand.
I huffed, exiting the office quickly.
"Lemme guess. They don't want to let you do it," Said my co-worker, Harry, from a bench just outside of their office.
"Abaven passed a new rule. No reincarnation if the death was fortold," I explained to him, letting out a deep sigh.
The red head gave me a confused look. "But it wasn't fortold..."
I snorted. "I guess we forgot to read the fine print," I started to walk towards the exit of the building. It's funny how when I was alive, I imagined Heaven as a beautiful, flourishing garden, with fresh green grass, colourful flowers, and full, tall trees, when in reality, it's mostly corporate and code. The closest thing I would get to a garden is the fake plants they put in the hallways. Then again, I don't work in the 'pretty' part of heaven.
Harry stood up, speed walking a little to catch up with me. One would think hat with his height and his legs he would be able to catch up with me without a problem, but I guess that wasn't the case. "Should we start a simulation?" He asked.
"Well what else are we supposed to do?" I replied sarcastically.
Harry held the glass door open for me, and I stepped out of the building, nodding politely.
Heaven wasn't that different from Earth, except for a few key points. Up here, there is no hunger, no poverty, no discrimination, and no pain whatsoever. Other than that, people pretty much act the same. I guess that once you get used to all the activities and processes up here, the glamour just fades away.
Harry and I step into a warp zone. He closes the door, and types in our location.
I glance at my wrist watch, and almost instantaneously, the feeling of vertigo waves over me as we start warping. No matter how many times I've used this thing, I never got over that weird sensation. I close my eyes.

"How long do you think it'll take to give this kid his dream life?" Harry asked.
I shrugged my shoulders, taking one more look at his file again. "I'd say about a week,"
Harry raised his eyebrows, a crooked smirk pulling at the corners of his lips.
"Getting cocky, are we?" He teased as he punched in the time line.
I rolled my eyes, elbowing him softly in the side.
"If you got your wings this early, you would be too~" I said, flapping my cool new appendages. I just couldn't hide the fact that I was proud of earning my wings. Usually it would take years for a good employee to earn them, but I'll admit, I had to suck up to a lot of people to get where I am.
I waited outside the portal with the taller man as the synthetic world was prepared.
I knew Manny would be safe in our care. I was going to do whatever it takes to make sure he ended up as happy as he could ever be.

((Hey! So I made another AU, do you think I should write it?? I have AUs galore, and really I can't wait to start writing them all. Please tell me what you think!))