Mother's Day

((Since Mother's Day was about a week ago, I'm gonna write a little bit of fluff))

Today was Mother's Day, the universal day for celebrating all the good mothers, and the sacrifice they made for their children. The eleven year old boy was out, taking a walk to go visit his friend, Lucy. He skipped happily down the trail in the forest towards her house, just admiring the scenery of the forest, like the birds, the flowers, and the tall trees above that provided shade for him. Manny didn't know it was Mother's Day, he was completely oblivious to the fact.
He didn't celebrate these types of holidays often, mostly because the objects would cause some kind of drama in their home, distracting the trio from the meaning, or purpose of the holiday. Manny didn't mind though. He was thankful that he was even able to spend time with Robin and Harry, since living with the inanimate objects grew more tedious by the second.
He paused, seeing a flower he liked. He stooped down in front of it to inspect the fragile, pink petals. It reminded him of Lucy, so he picked a couple, and continued his trip towards the girl's house. Lucy always had fun things to do at her house. Her Dad was a commercial producer, and her Mom was the poster lady for many kitchen appliances, and since their jobs paid fairly well, she could afford to get all the newest technology, video games and toys. But all that didn't matter to him, since he liked Lucy for being Lucy, anyways. She could always make him laugh, even on days where he didn't want to smile.
The blue haired boy gingerly walked up the steps of the home, smiling  as he saw that Lucy's mom must have planted new flowers in the front garden. Red tulips, that reminded him of the colour of the lipstick the lady of the house usually wore. He knocked on the door, rocking on the balls of his feet as he waited excitedly for it to open. He smiled when he saw Lucy standing there, her pretty pink hair tied up into a pony tail. She wore a white skirt with a red shirt, and her nails were painted the same colour as her skirt. Manny was a person that payed a lot of attention to detail, and the way a person looks. It was just part of his nature. For example, he was prone to remembering faces, but not names.
"Hey Lucy, how are you?" He asked, a wide smile spreading across his face as she stepped to the side to let him into her house. The familiar interior and the smell of toast and eggs filled his senses, and he sighed softly in content. He held out the flowers to the girl.
"Here. These are for you. They look like your hair," he stated simply.
Lucy grinned, taking the flowers carefully by their stems, "Thank you, Manny! They're very pretty!" She walked off to go put the flowers in her room. Manny invited himself to walk the halls, (since Lucy and her family were fine with him doing over he never he wanted), and peek into the kitchen where the sweet aroma of food drifted from. Instead of seeing the person he expected, he saw Lucy's dad, preparing breakfast (well at least trying to).
Manny tilted his head, "Good morning sir!" He spoke quickly.
The man turned, waving politely at Manny,"Good morning!"
Manny chuckled, and skipped off down the corridor to go find Lucy. He entered the girl's pink room, and joined her, sitting on the edge of her queen sized bed.
Lucy was just putting the finishing touches on a card she was making. Manny read the big bubble letter words on the front of the glittery paper.
"Happy Mother's Day..." He read aloud, furrowing his eyebrows a bit. Holidays such as Mother's Day and Father's Day confused him a lot. Why would you need to say thank you to someone for one day only, when you could tell them you love them on any other day of the year? Lucy smiled, nodding and taping one of the flowers Manny had giver her onto the front of the card.
"It's a special time of year where people all around the world show their love for their Mothers," she explained, sitting up and hopping off the bed. Manny watched as the girl padded across the shaggy white carpet, and towards where she kept her materials for making crafts.
"Why can't we just tell them we love them?" Manny asked, cocking his head to the side curiously.
Lucy giggled, "Our Mothers gave us everything!" She said ,"So, at least once a year, we have to give everything back. And we need a day, because it takes a really long time to show them how thankful we are for their kindness,"
Manny pouted, scratching his head and trying to understand what the girl had just said. The navy headed boy tended to be very naive, but he was always open to learning new things. It would just take him a while longer than other people to grasp the full idea of a topic.
Lucy paused, setting her card down on her dresser. She sat next to Manny on her bed, looking over at him. Manny wasn't sure if he was totally correct, (because he was horrible at reading faces and expressions) but he was sure that for a brief moment, he saw a glint of worry in the girl's crystal blue eyes.
"Manny, you have celebrated Mother's Day at least once in your life, right...?" She probed.
The blue head just shrugged, for he couldn't remember if he did or not. He couldn't remember a lot of things.
"I don't know. I don't really have a Mom. I've never seen her in the house,"
He didn't even know where his mom was, and no one in the house really liked discussing it with him. For all he knew, she could have ran away, to a desolate island to be by herself. Wherever she was, he hoped she was okay.
Lucy frowned, her hand going up to her face in shock. "Oh..."
The young male started to panic, "Wait...is that bad??" He asked quickly, his heart rate quickening a bit ,"am I supposed to have a Mom?? What do I do if I don't?!? Who will I give my Mother's Day present to now??!?"
Lucy put her hands on the boy's shoulders, looking into his worried green eyes. Manny held his breath, and eventually, started to calm down.
"I guess you just give it to the closest thing you have to a Mom..." The girl answered, offering a small smile.
Manny nodded, standing up and looking down at the ground.
"Uh..." He rubbed the back of his neck ,"I think I'm gonna go...I want to make a Mother's Day gift,"
"You could always take mine! Don't worry about it, because I could always make another one,"
Manny shook his head ,"No, it's fine. It looks like you worked hard on it, so you should keep it,"
Lucy nodded, standing up and pulling the boy into a bone crushing hug. Manny squeaked, attempting to push her away before he ran out of oxygen. Finally, the girl let him go, just as he started to turn red in the face.
"Good bye Manny!"
"Bye Lucy! I'll call you tomorrow!"
Manny made his way down the hall and out of the house. He glanced at the time on his little black wrist watch, even though he knew the time was wrong, and even looking was counter intuitive. He walked back down the dirt path in the forest, but something was different this time around. Instead of admiring the scenery, and gazing at birds that perched on the branches, and other little woodland animals, Manny was thinking. The boy was deep in thought, trying to find out who he would give the Mother's Day gift to.
He knew that it certainly couldn't be one of the teachers, because they scared him, and most of them were male. The closest thing they had to a girl in the house was Paige, and he wasn't even quite sure if the notepad was a girl or not.
Well, Lucy did say you could give the gift to someone you saw as a Mother, so that didn't necessarily mean that the person had to be female...
Maybe he could give it to one of his friends, Robin and Harry. Those two were always there for him when he needed it, and they were never hesitant to give him kindness and love.
It was almost better than having a mom.
The boy started to get closer to his home, and he could tell, because he had passed the huge rock that was near the entrance of the forest. He had to think, and think fast. Who was he going to give it to? Was giving a gift to two people considered breaking the rules? He was too far away from Lucy's house to ask her now, so he was just going to have to figure that part out on his own.
He walked into his house quietly, hoping that he would go unnoticed. He peeked into the family room, where Harry and Robin we're currently watching television. He was safe from there line of sight for now, so he got right down to business.
Manny snuck into the kitchen, pulling out the drawers, and grabbing whatever materials he could find to make a gift for the two males. He got paper, glue, glitter, pom-poms, stencils, paint, popsicle sticks, ribbon, basically everything including the kitchen sink.
He dumped the items he chose on the white table, dusting off his hands and putting them on his hips. Now what? His heart started to sink as he realized he had absolutely no idea what to do.
"What are you doing, friend?" Rang the terrifyingly familiar voice from the farthest corner of the kitchen.
Paige.
Manny yelped slightly, standing in front of the materials so the notepad wouldn't see.
"I'm just...hanging around.." He answered, striking a natural pose. Paige had always told the trio not to get creative again, because bad things would happen. That wasn't necessarily their fault. Manny just liked to believe it was because she thought their art was bad.
In a large cloud of purple smoke, a pale human emerged, their colourful hair tied up in a messy ponytail. They crossed their arms over their flat chest, giving Manny a stern glare. The boy gulped, trying his best to hide the materials.
"You aren't...making crafts, are you...?" Paige asked, tilting their head to the side.
Manny shook his head rapidly.
"Oh really...? Because I thought I saw you digging around for art supplies in the drawers..." They mumbled, stalking closer to him. Even though Paige was no taller than the eleven year old, he still felt pretty intimidated by them.
Paige quickly pushed him aside, gasping when they saw he had lied to them.
"Manny!! What are you doing its all these supplies?!?" Paige exclaimed.
Manny squirmed out of their grasp, hushing her frantically.
"Shh!! Keep your voice down!!!"
"Don't tell me what to do!! Tony!!!" Paige called.
"No please, be quiet!!!!" Manny begged, but to no avail. He resulted to tackling the notepad, making them fall to the ground.
Paige gasped in shock at their body hit the ground. They stared up at the smaller being on top of them, their grey eyes trying to find an explanation for his sudden outburst in his facial expression.
"I'm making a gift, okay? For Mother's Day! I need you to be quiet so they won't find out!"
Paige puffed out their cheeks. Usually, if the purpose of getting creative was to make a gift, they would allow it, but they didn't really trust Manny. He did like green after all...But how could they say no to those pleading eyes? They sighed.
"If I see a single drop of green I'm taking away all your toys,"
Manny squealed gleefully, thanking Paige and climbing off of them, jumping up and down excitedly. He rushed back to the table to go make his gift.
Hmm...maybe start with popsicle sticks...put some glitter....pink paint...?
This was harder than it looked. Before he knew it, it was dark outside, and the sun started to set. The navy headed male could barely keep his eyes open. Eventually, he couldn't resist anymore, and he gave in to the feeling of fatigue.

|-/

"Is he asleep...?" Harry asked the shorter male beside him.
"It looks like it," Robin mumbled.
Harry sighed, walking into the kitchen, accompanied by the shorter of the two.
"Poor guy. Must have been really tired," the red head hypothesized as he lifted the young boy out of the chair.
"Yeah. He fell asleep right at the table!" Robin nodded in agreement.
Harry chuckled to himself, turning on his heel to go out Manny in his bed when Robin called him back to the table.
"Harry look!"
Harry raised an eyebrow, walking over to see what Robin was pointing at. He smiled as he saw a painting of three figures, one red, one green, one yellow, all holding hands. Next to it was...actually, he wasn't quite sure what it was, but it was completely covered in glitter, and it was beautiful (?)
'Dear Robin and Harry...' A letter beside the crafts read.
'Lucy told me you could give Mother's Day gifts to anyone you loved, so I'm giving one to both of you.
Love, Manny,'
((I never proof read lmao))