Pity Party

((Hey! Sorry I haven't been updating lately, things have been hella stressful. But I'm gonna write as much as I can today, and try to update all of my books. This chapter is gonna be based off of a theory I made up, that Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 6 is going to be a birthday party. The art is mine, and yes I know it's heavily inspired by Pity Party, but for a good reason! This is also going to be a part of After The Fact, so it'll all make sense once I post another part. hope you like))

Did my invitations disappear?
Why'd I put my heart on every cursive letter
I woke under the dim light of some red blankets. Sweat had started to build on my brow, and my cheeks felt very hot. I groaned, throwing the covers off of my body, and glancing groggily around the room. I couldn't remember where I was, or how I got here, but my head was pounding and my stomach felt gross.
As I observed the room, I noticed that the walls were a chestnut colour, and the curtains were white, with a gold floral print. A sun bean shone in through the window, and I shielded myself from the blinding white light. This didn't seem like the type of place I would live in. The pillows were in the shape of flowers, the room smelled of old books, and there were no toys to be seen anywhere.
Looking down, I whimpered when I saw that the antique white bed sheets were stained with dry blood. Not only that, but so were my denim overalls, and hands. What had I been doing? I quickly stepped out of bed, and backed into a corner, my breathing starting to increase.
I couldn't remember where I was, what I did, or why, but I did know that I used to remember. There was a dull sense of remembrance at the back of my head, but my mind was numb, and the things I used to know we're buried so deep I didn't even think they were real anymore. Someone told me that sometimes, people hide their own memories because deep down, they are afraid of them. Is that what happened to me? Am I afraid of something that I can't remember?
I frowned, taking a couple steps out of the corner and looking around. Something in his room had to jog my memory. Or else, why would I have chosen to come in here in the first place?
I stalked over to the short, dark brown night table, and opened the first drawer. I raised an eyebrow and quickly closed it, feeling my cheeks get hot again. It would be rude to go through somebody's underwear drawer. I cautiously opened the second drawer, only to find socks. They were all the same; a boring off white, with bright red and navy blue stripes on the ankles. Disappointed, I closed that drawer too.
I put my hands on my hips, and examined the room again. There was another night table, but I didn't want to risk running into someone's underwear just yet. My gaze shifted to a wardrobe. There had to be something in there that could help me gain sense of where I was.
I opened the closet and peered into it, seeing various different shades of blue, yellow, red and green. The wardrobe held 3 red sweaters, 6 yellow t-shirts, 8 yellow striped sweaters, 2 green shirts, and an ungodly amount of blue overalls.
Chances are, that this is my room, or someone in this house has been stealing my clothes. I don't know which one is more likely, to be honest. Well, at least now I could make a guess on where I was.
I turned towards the other night stand, and sighed. Hopefully this time I wouldn't have to run into anyone's undergarments. I opened the top drawer, finding it empty. That was strange. Why have two night stands when you were only going to use one of them?
Next, I pulled open the bottom drawer, eyes going wide at what I found.
I cocked my head to the side curiously. It seemed to be a card of some sort. It was coloured very brightly, and was covered in glitter. Would it be considered distasteful if I took it? This seemed to be my room, after all, and I couldn't see why not. I just hoped I want mistaken.
Carefully, I picked up the delicate card. It felt like something was weighing the paper down. I gazed over the front cover, which was a drawing of a red balloon, against a glittery mint green background. I took my attention away from the pretty colours to see what was inside. When I opened it, I was greeted with a hand full of Crimson glitter, that slid out of the card and fell into my lap. I frowned, brushing it off of me, and turning back to the card to read the dainty bubble letters.
"You are invited to a party!"
It read, "Today, in the party room at 6:00 pm! Don't be late!"
Tell me why the hell no one is here
Tell me what to do to make it all feel better
I furrowed my brow. Party room? This sounded sort of shady. There was a party room in my house? Was this even my house? Sure, this could be my room, but the fact if this was my house still remained unknown.
As I looked to the other page of the card, I found out what was weighing it down. It was a golden, skeleton key, stuck to the paper with scotch tape. I raised an eyebrow. Was this for me? Just incase, I peeled the key off of the paper, and set it down on the night table. I glanced at the digital clock that was conveniently placed on that same night table.
5:30 pm!
If I wanted to be ready for any party, I had to ditch these bloody clothes. It wouldn't be nice to show up looking like this. I quietly exited the room to go find a bathroom to clean up in. I found myself in an empty hallway, with an old style patterned rug, and navy blue walls. Gulping, I looked back at the door I had just come from.
A paper with the name 'Manny' scribbled onto it was taped to the door. Was that my name? Manny? Since I couldn't remember, nor could I think of a better name, I guess Manny would be the name I go by from now on.
I walked down the eerie corridor, humming to myself to relieve some of the tension I felt. It was almost as if someone was following me, or the eyes of the paintings on the wall would move to look at me every time I walked by them. Whatever it was, it felt like someone was watching me. And very closely too.
Eventually, I decided just to pick one of the doors at random, and head into it. Lucky for me, the first door I picked was the bath room. Snow white tiles, alice blue walls, and a wide mirror. I frowned at my reflection. My navy hair was a tangled mess, my emerald eyes had dark circles underneath them, and blood was smeared all over my porcelain skin, especially over my mouth.
I whimpered, quickly splashing water on my face in hopes to make myself look the least bit presentable.
Once I was done cleaning up, I head back to my room to go change. Much to my surprise, there was a suit of clothes already set out on the bed for me. So someone did know I was here! And they have been watching me all the time...I stepped over to the neatly folded overalls and the yellow t-shirt, and apprehensively put them on.
I checked the time again. It was now 5:55. I had to get going!
Before I left, I stopped in my tracks. The key
Whoever gave me the invitation must have put it there for a reason, so I picked the golden key off of the night stand and shoved it into my pocket.
I slipped out of the room, and into the creepy hallway, to go find this party room. Common sense told me that the party room wouldn't be upstairs, so I headed down the stairs, holding onto the polished umber railings. As I got to the bottom of the flight, my ears picked up the sound of soft humming.
I looked around, deciding to follow the entrancing sound. It lead me down another navy blue corridor, and into a chartreuse kitchen. I was engulfed in a warm environment, and as the scent of vanilla filled my senses, it felt as if I were being hugged by an unknown force. The smell made my mouth water, and my stomach start to growl. I didn't even know how long it had been since I last ate.
My attention shifted towards a table, sprinkled with white flour, and dirtied with stray pieces of fondant. There was a bowl sitting on the table, by from the looks of it, used to be filled with something. Perhaps batter? There were baking tools scattered everywhere, measuring cups, rolling pins, you name it! You could find it there.
The counters were also filled with ingredients, such as sugar, flour and eggs.
Standing in the middle of it all, was a person in a white apron, decorated with tiny hearts. She had a full head of curly, multicoloured hair, and their skin was as pale as well...paper!
She hummed softly while she stirred the icing, adding food colouring as she went along, to make it have this pale blue colour.
I couldn't help but feel as if I knew her from somewhere. Maybe her face was just familiar. I walked up to her, tugging on her apron. They paused her humming and looked down at me with her grey eyes. The dainty being batted their long eyelashes, waiting for me to speak.
Maybe it's a cruel joke on me
Whatever, whatever...
"Um...what are you doing...?" I asked quietly.
"Why, I'm preparing the cake for the party," she answered in a soft, British accent.
"Can you tell me where the party room is?" I probed.
"Go ask Tony. I'm sure he can escort you there. He's in the living room," they replied, going back to work.
I nodded in appreciation, and walked out of the kitchen, trying to find the living room. Eventually, I came across a room with a floral pattern couch, shag carpets, and lavender walls. A tall man in a black suit was trying to teach a group of four people how to sing a song.
"You're rushing the beat!" He exclaimed in his deep voice.
I winced at the tone of his British voice, but still walked up to him, tugging on his sleeve.
He turned around, raising his thick brow, his blood red eyes sparkling in curiosity.
"What is it, my boy?" He asked, turning around to face me. His jonquil bangs faded into his black hair, and his skin was a marvellous shade of blue. A large scar ran over he bridge of his nose.
"I-I was wondering if you know where the party room is," I stammered, feeling small in comparison to his large stature.
"Go ask Shrignold. He's in the backyard, I'm sure he could help you," he said. The blue man turned back around, and started snapping his fingers like a metronome, so his group would stay on the beat.
I exited the living room, skipping to go find the backyard. Everyone I've seen so far looked so familiar, that it was sort of creepy. I came upon a screen door, that lead into the outdoors. I opened it, stepping out onto the long grass, and walking around to go find 'Shrignold'. Eventually, I found a winged man, sitting in the grass making cards. He flapped his daffodil coloured wings gently as I approached, brushing his raven hair out of his glowing golden eyes.
"Hello!" He exclaimed. Although he was blue like the man I just met, his voice was softer in comparison.
"Hi!" I squeaked,"I was wondering if you know where the party room is,"
"I'm busy making cards right now," he stated ,"but I'm sure Colin and Gilbert can help you! They're in the game room, just opposite of the living room,"
Glad that he had given me directions, I thanked him, and scuttled back into the house and to the game room. It was a room with olive green walls, and a round table. Presents were scattered all over the table. A male with blue-blonde hair and glasses sat on one end of the table, and a man with brown hair in a pony tail sat on the other.
The guy with glances glanced over at me. He had bolts in his face, as if he were some sort of robot. He pushed up his glasses, getting back to his work.
"Do you need something?" He asked, refusing to break eye contact with what he was doing.
"Do you guys know where the party room is?" I asked.
He nodded, and grinned,"Of course I do! I know a lot of things!" He answered.
I giggled in excitement, waiting for him to tell me. Once he gave me the directions, I hopped off, to go find the room.
Just means there's way more cake for me
Forever, forever...
After a while of searching, I found myself in a dark hallway, the only source of light being the Christmas lights that were strung around the frame of the door. I took a deep breath in. I didn't know what I was going to find in there, but I hoped that the people I met, and the experiences I had, would help me finally remember what I was doing here.
I wrapped my hands around the doorknob, opening the door. A glimmer of pink light shone in my eye, and as I revealed myself, I heard party horns and noise makers.
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" They all yelled.
Today was my birthday? I couldn't recall ever having a birthday party, yet alone when my birthday was! My eyes went wide, and I felt a smile creep across my face.
Everyone was here! The one with the multicoloured hair, the one with the scar, the butterfly, the man with the glasses, the man with the pony tail, and the four people that were singing with the blue man. Strange...they all seemed so familiar...
The walls were rose, decorated with pastel ribbons. A big table with a spotted table cloth draped over it was in the middle. It was strewn with presents, cakes, and all the treats I could imagine. Was all of this for me?
A person wearing jet black shots, a white shirt, red suspenders and a red bow tie approached me, ushering me over to sit at the head of the brown table.
I took my seat, and they put a party hat on my head, giving me a crooked grin.
First, they cut me a slice of cake, which I happily devoured in three mouthfuls. They let me have all the cake I wanted, which was just fine by me. I was actually very hungry. Next, they told me their names.
The one with the crazy hair was Paige, the one with the scar was Tony, the butterfly was Shrignold, the man with the glasses was Colin, the male with the pony tail was Gilbert, the singers were Tanner, Candice, Steve, and Fred, and lastly, there was June.
"I'm going to sing you a song," June spoke finally. I've never heard this voice before, I know that, but it felt so recognizable to me.
I squirmed in anticipation, ready to hear what they had to sing.
Half way through their song, I felt a shiver go down my spine. I don't know what it was, but something was so off about this whole situation. Something was...missing.
I asked them all to stop, but they ignored my pleas, dancing, and signing like there was no tomorrow.
My heart started to beat fast, and my head started to pound again. I couldn't take this noise anymore. Something was wrong!!
"Quiet!!!" I shouted, banging on the table.
All of them stopped in their tracks, obviously shocked with my actions. Their eyes were wide, and they wore worried frowns. All except for one...
"Maybe we should open some presents...hmm? Would you like that?" June asked. Their chilling onyx eyes pierced into my being.
I swallowed, nodding a bit. I felt sorry for stopping them, since they were only trying to make me happy, but something was missing, and I had to find out what, or else it would drive me insane!
All of them sat down, and June handed me a slender red box.
"This one's from Tony," they told me.
The man with the scar waved and smiled. I curiously opened the box, grinning when I saw a very fancy looking black watch. I thanked Tony and put it on, admiring how it looked on my wrist.
Next, there was a card from Shrignold. He had decorated it with glitter, stickers and markers, and had somehow gotten all his friends to say something nice about me inside. I set the card down gently beside me.
Then, a present from Gilbert and Colin. I opened the pastel yellow box, only to find...nothing? I chuckled at their joke. "Oh look! Nothing!" I exclaimed, pretending to be surprised. I earned a couple laughs from the group.
The signing group had given me a can with a green bird on it. When I opened it, it turned out to be a spring loaded can of foam, which sprang out and hit me in the face. I chuckled, setting the can down and playfully throwing one of the foam pieces at Steve.
June glanced at the others, and and in an instance, they all stood up, said goodbye, and filed out of the room one by one. I eyed them all as they walked out the door. Shrignold gave me a slightly worried glance before he left.
"Where are they going?" I asked, shifting uncomfortably as a silence fell over the room.
It was just June and I, now, and that didn't make me feel any more comfortable than I was before.
It's my party and I'll cry if I want to
Cry if I want to
Cry, cry, cry
They pulled up a chair close to mine, giving me a sharp toothed grin. I wiggled in my seat, trying to get as far away from them as possible without them noticing. They just gave me an awkward vibe. I mean, they were so close I could smell the liquorice on their breath. I pouted, digging my nails into the palms of my hands.
They handed me a polka dotted box, which I cautiously took, and opened. The box held a picture of three people in a silver frame.
One with long red hair, and mysterious blue eyes.
One had black hair with green highlights, and chocolate skin.
My eyes widened in shock as I examined the third person in the picture. The person in overalls, with blue hair, and freckles.
Suddenly, I remembered. It was like a wash of déjà vu, like the flood gates of my mind had just opened, ready to spill all the secrets I've been hiding from myself. I no longer felt numb. I remembered Paige, I remembered Tony, I remembered all of them and what they did to me. What they did to us.
Harry, and Robin.
"You remember, don't you?" June asked suddenly.
I jumped. I no longer saw any of them in the magical light I used to see them in. I saw them as terrible monsters, that fed off of misery, and June was the worst of them all. I nodded violently, my body starting to quiver. I felt sick to my stomach, and my knees felt weak.
"Well in that case...you know how this song is supposed to end, don't you?" June prodded.
I whimpered, shaking my head. "N-No... You...you can't!" I stood up, running for the door, but much to my dismay, it was locked. I glanced back at June, who was advancing towards me quickly. I screamed, running towards the table and grabbing for the knife. They quickly caught my wrist, squeezing it tightly. I mewled, trying to get them to let me go.
"No one escapes me!! No one has and no one ever will!!!" They yelled.
I kicked them in the chin, running to the other side of the table, and calling for help. This only made them laugh,"They can't hear you!"
I shouted in frustration,"What did you do with them?!"
"With who?" June asked, tilting their head to the side innocently.
"With my friends, you monster!! What did you do with Harry and Robin! If you're going to kill me, at least tell me what you did!!"
June stopped, putting one hand on their hip,"Oh I didn't do anything, sweetheart. Your friends are gone because of circumstance. Harry left, and well, Robin..." They chuckled, and with their free hand they tapped on the table near the can with the bird on it.
I felt like I had just received a punch to the stomach. Tears welled up in my eyes, and I felt a pang of guilt and sadness in my heart.
"Well, I told you, so it's time for you to follow suit," they grew closer to me, and in a fit of anger, I kicked them in the stomach.
"No!!" I screamed ,"I'm going to live! I'm going to live for them!"
June crossed their arms,"You foolish boy. Even if you were to escape, you still wouldn't live, and it's because of your own actions,"
I frowned, not knowing what they meant.
They grinned and motioned to the cake, which I had already eaten half of. My stomach lurched, and I backed up towards the door.
June laughed maniacally at my reaction, their soulless dead eyes somehow, still free of all emotion.
Suddenly, I remembered the little object I had with me, that could prove to be useful. I pulled out the key hastily, and shoved it into the key hole in the door. With a satisfying click, and a sigh of relief, I opened the door and ran as fast as my legs could carry me, out of the room, and out of the house.
I could still her June screaming behind me of how I would die. I knew I was going to run out of time eventually, but I wasn't going to die in that horrible house, especially not at their hands.
When I was far enough from the house, my legs give out, and I fell to the ground. After a while, I could hear sirens in the distance. Before everything went black, I knew that I had made it.

((That was probably the longest fucking thing I've ever written, time to go die))