Life 2 - Chapter 9 - Execution

~~DEATH LAVAS YOU~~

The ground began shaking around Ty.  He backed up swiftly as a single block lifted up.  Beyond that, more blocks began lifting in the air.  It was a parkouring execution.

Holes in the wall opened up to reveal lava.  The lava flowed out and towards Ty.

Ty's eyes went wide as he jumped up onto the block, the lava barely missing his shoe.  Slowly, the lava began rising.

The super parkourist faced the blocks and began jumping for his life.  The lava steadily started rising faster.

The jumps began to get harder.  3 and 4 block gaps became common.  The innocents only watched either in fascination or horror.

After a bit, a 5 block gap was between Ty and the next block.  The lava was only 2 blocks below him and was still rising.

Ty braced himself and leapt towards the block.

He missed.

He gripped onto the edge of the block for dear life, trying to climb it to get away from the lava.  Ty had to lift his legs to avoid the lava.

He didn't lift high enough.

One of his feet brushed the lava, causing Ty to cry out and let go of the block.  He screamed in agony for 2 seconds before it was cut off, the intense heat destroying his vocal cords and the rest of him.

Deadlox, Ty, the super parkourist, was dead.

14 innocents remained.