Life 3 - Chapter 31

I facepalmed. "Great, this is just...great...."

I noticed a girl pacing back and fourth. She seemed to have crossed the boundaries of the fourth wall.

"Dang it, not Quentin!!"

Quentin looked at her. "Dang it, not Quentin what?"

BeccaWise4 smirked. She thought you were gonna be the mastermind.

Quentin gaped at the girl. "Wait, you thought it was me?!"

BeccaWise4 laughed. Yeah, last chapter, she STILL didn't believe Mitch was the mastermind. She still thought it was you.

Quentin rolled his eyes.

The girl stopped pacing and looked at BeccaWise4. "Wait a minute... I've been talking to the MASTERMIND in the comments?!?!?! Can I join you?"

BeccaWise4 raised an eyebrow. Umm...if you want to be executed with me, then sure, I guess.

I was so super confused. "Why the heck is the author the mastermind?!"

BeccaWise4 smirked. Well, in one of my other Minecraft series books, I had mentioned that I put myself in my stories in some way. Not to idolize, but to enhance my ability to write the story. That could also include writing an x reader, which having those place holders can help me feel like I'm still in the story.

"Are you writing an x reader?"

She froze. Uhm, I've said too much!

I rolled my eyes. "Ok, but seriously, why are you the mastermind? You didn't really put yourself into the story except during those few paragraphs in death/execution chapters."

And now.

I crossed my arms.

BeccaWise4 turned to the crowd of readers that were creeping over the minuscule remains of the fourth wall.

She sighed. You have questions.

They nodded.

BeccaWise4 turned to me. We'll have to delay my execution for a bit.

She turned back to the readers. Let me answer some possible questions you guys have before you ask me more questions.

She beckoned to MonoKirby. He flew up into her arms. She hugged him before starting.

Why was the fourth wall so messed up? First off, let me say that KitKatAttack101 actually was the closest in guessing who the mastermind was. She suggested that the fourth wall was the mastermind. Technically, she was on point. The author IS the fourth wall. THEY separate the characters from the readers. Anyways, I was stretched between roles. Normally, as an author, our only job is to protect the fourth wall. Well...I was the mastermind. Then, I had to be Mitch, too. Having 3 different roles really stretches the author. I had to divvy up my strength among the 3 places. The reason it fell was because Jerome called the mastermind. Once he knew, I could recall my strength back to me. The fourth wall fell at that point. Also, I couldn't tell them to stop breaking the fourth wall because it would've given away who I was. I wouldn't be just a voice they heard. They'd know I was an actual person in the story, and since you never saw me 'til now...you see the point.

I raised an eyebrow. "That was a long explanation."

She shrugged. Trying to answer possible questions in one go before I'm gone.

She sat on a podium. What next...ah. Why did I use bacca language, like, 3 times before not using it again? I'm forgetful. Bleh.

I rolled my eyes. ".luftegrof syawla s'ehS"