Life 3 - Chapter 27

Could he be?

The readers say that it can't be him, that it's too obvious, but what if the author wants that reaction?  What if the author is throwing the readers for a loop?

...and why does the author never tell us to not break the fourth wall?

It just made no sense.

Now that there were only 8 people left, we made it a mandatory thing that we get to know each other better.  That was in hopes of no more killing.

I just hoped it would work.

Anyways, I got to learn a ton more about my now-friends.

Sky actually had...'budder'-colored eyes under his glasses.  He said it was because he tried to eat budder as a child and nearly died.  They got it out of his system to save him, but some of the budder got infused into his irises.

Not sure how that works.

Quentin was a defect mudkip that could not evolve.  He spent so much time searching for clues to his problem that he found he could see some strange details to things that others didn't get.  That's where he got his super from.

Cool!

Ian and Crainer both, after a while, realized that they had known each other very well outside this castle.  Something about the weird movie things we saw a while ago.  Skyfactory and...Crundee Craft, I think.

Fitting.

Sub was not too much of a surprise.  He animated videos and also edited them a lot.  He loved drawing and wasn't much of a talker...writer.

I'd hate being a mute.

Barney was actually half-Turkish, which is where he got his weird accent from.  He said some weird things like Shickular and Opar.

When I could understand him, he was a very funny person to talk to.

Mitch....

Something was wrong with him.

He'd spend so many hours of each day just staying locked in his room.

I've tried many times to get him to come out, but he'd always crack the door (since the rooms are soundproof), say that he needed to be alone, and then shut the door again.

I'm worried.

The others were worried, too, but not as much as I was.

Quentin trusted me a little more, but he was still skeptical.

Someone placed a hand on my shoulder, making me jump.

I turned around to see Sky.

"Oh, geez.  Hi, Sky."

He looked a little scared, which was strange.  "C-Can I talk with you for a bit?  ...A...Alone...?"

I froze and stared at him for a second before sighing and nodding.

I won't die if it isn't my time to die.

We left the Grand Hall and went in Sky's room.

Sky closed the door and sat on his bed.

Then his whole strong, confident demeanor fell.

He just started crying.

"J-Jerome, I...I can't take this anymore!"  He wailed.

I felt my heart break for him as I ran over to the bed and hugged him.

He tried to speak, but he couldn't.