Life 2 - Chapter 15 - Death

It had happened again.

Blood pooled from beneath the body and soaked the carpet near the tv.

SGCBarbierian, Nick, the super survivalist, was dead.  He did not survive this.  A wooden pole stuck out of his chest where his heart was.  Multiple puncture wounds were scattered across his torso.  Blood trickled from his mouth.  His lifeless eyes were wide with shock and pain.  This...was not a fast death.

The mastermind watched as their subjects consulted with each other about who did it and others searched for clues.

They hugged MonoKirby to their chest as he slept.

"Boyo...."  MonoKirby muttered.

The mastermind chuckled darkly.

"*Another one bites the dust....*"  They sang softly.

"*You took me for everything that I had...you kicked me out on my own.  Are you happy? Are you satisfied?*"  Rayn sang back as she appeared.

The mastermind sighed.  "No, but I must do what I must do."

Rayn got angry.  "YOU CAN DO DIFFERENTLY!  YOU DON'T HAVE TO MURDER INNOCENT LIVES BECAUSE THE ONE YOU LOVED DIED!"

The mastermind stood up swiftly, jostling MonoKirby a bit, but not waking him up.  "You be glad you're dead, Rayn, or I'd kill you.  You do not speak of them with me.  Do you understand?"

Rayn stuck her tongue out at them and disappeared.

The mastermind sighed.  "Rayn, my sister, you'd never understand...."

They turned back to continue watching their subjects.

"I'd never expect you to...."