Life 3 - Chapter 28 - Execution?

~~NATURE FIGHTS BACK~~  

The group of 5 watched in horror as the log containing Jerome rose up from the ground.  He was tied to the log.

Jerome could be seen struggling with the bonds and wincing from the light.

When the light cleared, Jerome could see his death in front of him...or above him, from his point of view.

3 giant diamond axes, or Bettys, were lying dormant in the air, not moving.

It appeared the log was also on a conveyor belt.

Then it started to move.

And the axes began to chop.

Jerome started struggling again, desperately trying to get out of his current predicament.

The first diamond axe swung downwards, chopping the log about 7 blocks above Jerome's head.

Jerome flinched but kept trying to escape.

He moved down the conveyor belt to have the second axe coming down about 2 blocks above him.

Jerome's eyes widened, but this made him struggle faster.  He was getting no where with the bonds.

He came closer to the final axe.

It was clear that this one would chop him in half.

The final axe came swinging down.

And then stopped.

It froze about a block above Jerome's abdomen.

The conveyor belt just kept moving.

Jerome looked in the direction of the group of 5.  Though he couldn't see them, he knew they were there.

The conveyor belt kept carrying the helpless Jerome all the way down.

All the way down the trash chute.

~~~~~~~~~

The mastermind could say nothing as Jerome fell down the trash chute.

They would be caught if they talked at all.