Life 3 - Chapter 25

Ok.

We've been through it.

What, you want to hear what happened those weeks?

Go read chapters 7 through 23.

The only difference was...people were more suspicious of my...witnessings?  Nope, underlined in red.  Not stories, cuz that sounds fictional.  They just found it hard to believe me thanks to MonoKirby.

Anyways, today was the day I made the trip to the 4th floor.  Yes, the trip Rayn said I shouldn't take.  I felt like I should do it anyway.

Mitch said he would wait outside the door for about 15 minutes before coming in to check.

I gave him a quick peck on the lips before going into the parkour room.

I looked up at the parkour and sighed.  "Here we go again."

I grabbed some bottles of resistance and drank one, pocketing the others.

I went through the parkour without falling once.  At least that carried with me into this life.

Geez, I'm making it sound like I've been reincarnated or something.  Maybe I was.  I don't know.

Anyways, I put the bottle into my pocket (it was in my hand because I was running low on time from the previous) and crept towards the door.

It was cracked open.

I slowly peeked in through the door and froze.

Ross was up here.

But...he wasn't alone.

Seto was here!

"---oss.  You are not leaving this room with anything but your own being if you want to stay alive."  Seto warned.

I saw purple light flare up from where he was standing.

Why is Seto up here?!

"Heh.  You think you can stop me, Seto?  Science can trump magic easily."

"Pfft.  Magic outdoes science all the time."

Oh, great.  Not this kind of conversation again!

"I'm walking out of here with what I want, Seto.  If you kill me, you die."

Seto was silent before speaking in a tone that scared me.  "I'd rather have 2 casualties than 9."

"This'll end in one, Seto.  And it'll be yours!"

The sound of something flying through the air was faint but recognizable.

At the same time, I heard a crackling sound.

I heard glass shatter nearer the door.  Seto was near the door.  Ross had thrown a potion.

But at the same time, I heard Ross shriek for a second before falling to the ground, silent.

I shoved open the door, and Seto turned around.

His whole front was wet with the liquid from the bottle.

He then collapsed to the ground.

I fell down next to him and lifted him up, careful not to touch the liquid.

"I was told to come here on this day, told that someone was planning to kill everyone.  cough cough I remember the last life.  I had to remember.  I knew I was cough saving you."

His breathing was getting slower.

"Take care, Jerome.  Oh, and cough beat the **** out of the mastermind when cough cough cough you find them...."