Life 2 - Chapter 21

I sighed, staring down at the book in my lap.

You're probably wondering, "Jerome! I thought you hated to read!"

Yeah, I do.

But these are books...about me and Mitch, apparently.

The one I was reading was about a doll version of me coming to life because a child Mitch asked for a friend. It was really cute.

I was on chapter...6, I think, when I heard footsteps.

I looked back at the entrance and immediately stood up, the book falling from my lap.

It was Crainer, yet it wasn't.

For some reason, his hair was purple and a translucent princess dress was on him. I could see his dino shirt underneath, though.

And his eyes! They were freaking red!

Not to mention he was giving me the I-will-eat-your-soul look.

"Ermm...Crainer?" I asked, knowing that he was most likely not.

Crainer? smirked. "Why hello, Jerome! AHAHA--*cough**cough*"

I raised my eyebrow. "Umm...." His voice was the sameish but deeper...ish.

I was so confused.

"*cough* Anyways, I am NOT Crainer. I am...." He struck some kind of weird pose. "...VILLAIN CRAINER! AHAHAHA---*cough**cough*"

I just stared at him.

"I've heard rumors that you plan to kill someone!"

I took a step back. "Wha---"

Suddenly, Villain Crainer became Crainer for a second. The dress disappeared, the eyes turned emerald green, and his hair went back to...dirty blond, maybe? I don't know. "Bro, you made that up yourself." Then he switched back to Villain Crainer. "Shuddap, Crainer!" He argued.

Ok, this was just getting weird.

Why does this happen to me?

"I'm...just gonna leave...."

I tried to go around him, but he stood in the doorway. "Nuh-uh, Jay-rome! We're gonna have some fun!"

Then he switched to Crainer. "Homie, you need to word that sentence better. That was just creepy."

Switch. He rolled his eyes. "WHATEVER!"

He looked at me, his red eyes gleaming. "Still, I call this having fun!"

He launched himself at me.

I yelped and dove out of the way, falling to the floor. I scrambled up and ran out of the library.

"Aww, come back, homie! Let's play! AHAHAHAHA---*cough**cough*"

I ran down the stairs really fast, but I could hear him behind me.

"Yo, V-Crainer, could you, like, not?!" I yelled, stopping to catch my breath from the sudden need to run.

He stopped for a second. "V-Crainer...I like that!"

Then, without warning, he leapt from the stairs onto me, grabbing the back of my throat.

I cried out slightly as I fell forward, V-Crainer on top of me.

I struggled to get him off me, but for some reason, the weak, passive Crainer became much stronger in this form.

Not to mention the fact that the places I had been cut in began to ache, making ME weaker.