Chapter 15

This is sort of a filler chapter to introduce characters, but this is the longest chapter in this book so far at 902 words. I'll try to have the next chapter up later today, but no promise. And as always, comment, vote, and enjoy!

~~~

Once Slender had left the room, the two... Slaves? Workers?  (I'm a bit unsure of what they are in relation to the tall, faceless man) relaxed a bit.

"So, you're the girl everyone's talking about," the one with the white, feminine featured mask spoke up. I attempt to question him, but the sudden shifting from behind me caught my attention. I look back to find, whom I have identified as Eyeless Jack, standing, offering me a hand. I take it, causing him to pull me off the ground with little to no effort. I squeak quietly, shocked at the inhuman strength. I hear a lighthearted snicker sound from beneath his blue mask, earning a pathetic frown to form beneath my flushed cheeks.

"H-hi, I'm T-Toby. You're Sally, right? It's s-. It's so nice to meet y-you. I'm a Proxy of R-R-Richard's. I swear to protect you with my l-. Life," my eyes quickly jump to the energetic being who has risen to his feet beside me, stuttering over his words as they fly from his mouth, faster than he can catch them.

"P-.. Proxy?" I catch out of the onslaught of words as they're thrown at me.

"Woah, Tobes, calm down. You're gonna have an energy fit, sit down," the white masked individual instructs as the visibly shaking and twitching boy smiles widely at me. I feel uneasy under his aggressively enthusiastic gaze, but can't help but feel more vibrant from the energy that's oozing off of him in waves.

"Yes, I'm Sally. It's nice to meet you too, Toby." I feel the child in me seep into the giddy smile I offer him, not having smiled sincerely in so long, it feels foreign, but pleasant, nonetheless. At this, his smile drops and for a split second, I feel as though I had completely fucked up. But, the shorter of the two turns slightly to his more mature partner to whisper audibly, "Why can't y-you be that n-ice..?"

This causes said partner to push him slightly, scoffing a bit. "I'm nice to people who deserve it."

Toby pouts, forcing a sniffle, "I don't deserve kindness? Wh-what did I ev-er do to you, other than offer to birth your ch-children and spent the rest of e-eternity with y-. You as your wife?" The white-masked man, who I faintly remember being addressed as Masky, groans, running a gloved hand over his mask, simulating a face-palm.

"Dear Zalgo, there's something wrong with you," he mutters into his hand.

"Yes," Toby exclaims dramatically, the back of his hand pressed to his forehead. "I-I've fallen for a man who'll n-never lo-ve me back," he swoons. Masky pinches the brim of 'his nose' in irritation.

"Get this past the voices, the memory block, through the fucked up parts of your head. I'm straight. And I can't stand you."

"So is spaghetti till you get it hot and wet," Toby teases, not a single stutter polluting his flirtation as he wiggles his eyebrows. I snort and huddle forward, clutching my stomach at the statement, my laughter ringing around the room in a high-pitched echo. Toby smirked in triumph, feeling pleased that someone thought he was funny.

The scene was short-lived as foot-steps sounded from the stairs. I glance up, my fit of laughter dying out slowly only to go completely silent at the sight of the beauty that emerges.

She was tall, thin, and looked no older than 20. She had long, silky hair that flowed behind her in black waves. Her skin was a pale, porcelain color that complimented her features perfectly. Her lips were large, plump, and painted black to match her nails and every other feature. Including her eyes. Her figure was hugged by a short, sleeveless black dress that seemed to mold with her skin perfectly. I gawked for a solid minute before she finally spoke up, breaking my daze.

"So, is this the meat Jeff's been after for almost a year?" She directs the question to my 'body guards'. Masky answers with a simple "Yep".

She hums in response as she stalks towards me, "I don't blame him either. Damn. I'm glad she was smart enough to follow him home," the mistress remarks, circling me like a predator does it's prey. She stops once she's standing directly in front of me, her perfume immediately invading my nostrils in a sweet lilac.

"Don't worry, buttercup," she says, finally directing her words towards me. "As long as you're with us, you don't have to worry about a thing, because I'll snap Jeff's pretty little neck if he touches you," the blackette murmurs as she takes my hand in hers and kisses it softly, leaving a deep, black silhouette where her lips had once been.

"My name's Jane, it's a pleasure," Jane introduces finally, seduction dripping off her words.

"I-I'm.. You're... It-.. S-Sally..." I attempt to mutter out, my cheeks dusted lightly in a tint of pink at the different interaction than what I'm used to. Jane chuckles a bit, seemingly amused by my fluster and sudden inability to speak.

"Such a pretty name. It matches your pretty face." At this point, my face is radiating red. I glance back to find Toby's jaw slacked, Masky's eyes wide in shock, and Jack's 'looking' off to the side, attempting to look disinterested in the interaction.

"Follow me; I'll show you around the Mansion," Jane suggests, gently taking my hand in hers. Hearing no protest from my body guards, I wordlessly allow the mistress to guide me up the stairs.