19

Victoria

"And Mrs.Beckham, how long as Hannah been with you guys?" The judge asked.

"2 years." I said.

"And you've been gone how long Mr. and Mrs. Collins?"

"2 years."

"And why did you leave again?" He asked.

"Honestly, I wasn't thinking. We were losing our house, we couldn't pay our bills, the car was gone, and when I found out Hannah had gotten sick, I just gave up. I knew her hospital bills wouldn't be cheap, and I knew I wouldn't be able to afford it. I just needed time to get things together." She said.

Alright I could understand that she was going through a lot, but that still doesn't give her the right to leave Hannah like that. That isn't right.

"And after two years that you left her, you think she deserves to be with you?"

"Yes I do."

"My client deserves for her daughter to be with her. We all know that she left when she wasn't in the best situation but she's gotten herself together and is ready to have her baby back. Besides I think Hannah should be with her biological parents."

I shook my head.

"Well after we come back we'll be the judge of that. Court adjourned." The judge said.

Everyone got up and started to walk out of the court room. After two weeks, were still in court over this. This is ridiculous.

"This is just annoying me. After two year after she abandoned her own child, she just wants to come back and take her away from me." I said.

"Its gonna be alright."

"I have a feeling that it won't be though."

"Well, we could only wait and see but I'm pretty sure things will be ok." He said.

"I hope."

We walked out the courthouse and over to the car. He helped me into the car and closed the door then he walked over to his side before getting in. We buckled up and drove off towards the house.

"So what do you want to eat? They got a McDonald's and everything."

"I'm not hungry."

"Victoria you haven't eaten since yesterday. You need to eat something." He said.

I sighed."McDonald's is fine I guess."

"What you want?"

"Fries and a strawberry and banana smoothie."

He went inside to get the food while I waited in the car. I slipped on my earphones and turned on some Ashanti. All I wanted to do is go home, and see my baby Hannah. I just wanted to go home period.

Once Odell came out he handed me my stuff. I grabbed my fries and began eating them. Odell's phone began ringing and he nodded at me.

"Pick it up for me." He said stuffing his face with his hamburger.

I picked it up and answered Jarvis' FaceTime call.

"What's up Jarv?" I asked looking into the camera.

"Hey Victoria. What's up?"

"I'm good. We're on our way home."

"Cool. I see you getting big there." He said.

"Yeah I am. I have 3 months left."

"Well that's good to see that your alright."

I nodded. "Yeah. We're all doing pretty okay. Odell would've answered but he's too busy stuffing his face."

Jarvis looked at Odell and chuckled.

"Ole hungry ass."

"Whatever man."

I handed him his phone and finished my fries. Once we got home I got out of the car and walked to the front door. I unlocked it and walked in.

"Hannah!" I called out.

I heard her little feet against the floor and soon she came running around the corner.

"Mommy!" She said.

"Hey baby." I said hugging her and kissing her cheek.

Our babysitter can walking around the corner and she hugged me and picked up Hannah.

"Hey Ms.Victoria. How did it go?" Megan asked.

"We don't find out anything until tomorrow." I shrugged.

"Well I'm sure everything will be ok." She said.

"I hope so too. So was Hannah good today?"

"Yea. She was."

"Well that's good. I sat my purse on the counter and went into my wallet. I grabbed Megan's pay and gave it to her.

"Thanks." She said.

"Your welcome. And thanks for always watching Hannah for me."

"Your welcome. I'll see you tomorrow." She said before grabbing her bag and leaving out. Odell walked in and picked up Hannah.

"You had fun today with Megan?" He asked Hannah.

"Yea. We played together and watched movies."

"That's good." He kissed her head and put her down.

We all walked up the stairs and Hannah went into her room and we went into ours. I'm really eager to see what happens tomorrow. Hopefully they leave Hannah with us and all this foolishness will be over.